Thread: Critique My "Retro" Trunk Build Idea

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Critique My "Retro" Trunk Build Idea

So I have a M16A4gery and a quite-practical LW 16" midlength already. I've had a lower sitting around already engraved for SBRing, but have hemmed and hawed a long time about what exactly I want to do with it...

I think a compact trunk gun would be nice. Thing is, nothing quite like what I have in mind really exists to my knowledge. I want something quality, modern, and functional, but at the same time retain a retro look.

Here's what I have in mind:

Lower:
    - Aforementioned stripped lower ready for SBRing (Noveske 2nd)
    - G&R LPK with Magpul Enhanced trigger guard (already installed)
    - Geissele SD-3G
    - Troy Ambi magazine release (already installed)
    - M4 (Gen 2) stock, H2 buffer and blue Sprinco
    - BCM Gunfighter grip Mod 1 (I have large hands)
    - Ambi safety (jury's still out on whose)

Upper:
    - BCM 12.5" standard or lightweight carbine-gas upper, but with
    - C7-style upper (carry handle, A1 rear sight, casing deflector, and forward assist)
    - BCM M16 BCG
    - TA01 ACOG, mounted atop the handle
    - BCM GFH Mod. 4 or 5 (can't decide - currently have the Mod.4 on everything else)
    - M4 double heat shield handguards (oval)

The idea is something small, robust, simple, and reliable, yet capable of speed and distance if necessary. I don't need or want to hang extra equipment off of it, hence the no-rails approach. And I've always wanted something reminiscent of an XM177E2, but with modern sensibilities.

Really the only concern I kinda have is the use of a carry-handle rear sight with the F-marked FSB the BCM will initially have on it... but I can just screw the sight post down a bit farther than usual, right?

Whatcha think?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Hence the beauty of the AR platform. You can make it to your specifications and needs.

Go for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Was poking around the PMG site and threw an approximation together... I'm liking the concept more and more.

Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.