Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished and less than 1 MOA

Feedback Score

Finished and less than 1 MOA

My 1903A3 is done and firing. New park job,new Kreiger match barrel,new walnut C-stock and High marine site protecter. The rifle is a Remington 1943 era rec. I allso used a milled trigger group for smoother feed and use Swedish Mauser strippers. Its old school ,but a nice precision rifle in good old 30-06 American. Use 165gr sierras BT.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, this is your third post. You haven't asked any questions...which is fine, I suppose.

But, you are giving the feel that you are just showing off and wanting this site to provide a pat on the back.

-

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Moving this to general bolts. The intent of this section is scoped precision bolt guns.

And where's the pics of this gem?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    A 1 moa 03A3? Don't tell me, let me guess... it shot one really good 3 shot group, right? Just want to clarify something... one single moa group or does this thing shoot every group to one moa? There is a huge difference... try it with 5 to 10 round groups. That is a true measure of what the rifle and shooter are capable of.

With a factory 03A3 rear sight? How many front sight blades did you have to go through to get the rifle to zero? How did you bed the stock and deal with fitting the upper band and handguard so that it doesn't impinge on the barrel?

Do us a favor and post photos of those targets.

Brother, I have been collecting and shooting M1903s for about 32 years and I have never seen a 1 moa M1903 or 03A3 in it's original form (meaning not glass bedded, free floated, scoped with aftermarket triggers). A really good one can hold the 10 ring of an SR-1 target if the rifle and shooter are up to it... and it helps to have superb eyesight. A consistent one moa 03A3, sorry... have to call horseshit. The Army tried making the 03A3 a NM rifle post WWII, and it was a total failure... with all their resources, they couldn't make it work.

Last edited by Deputy Dan; 03-11-12 at 10:17. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dan View Post
    A 1 moa 03A3? Don't tell me, let me guess... it shot one really good 3 shot group, right? Just want to clarify something... one single moa group or does this thing shoot every group to one moa? There is a huge difference... try it with 5 to 10 round groups. That is a true measure of what the rifle and shooter are capable of.

With a factory 03A3 rear sight? How many front sight blades did you have to go through to get the rifle to zero? How did you bed the stock and deal with fitting the upper band and handguard so that it doesn't impinge on the barrel?

Do us a favor and post photos of those targets.

Brother, I have been collecting and shooting M1903s for about 32 years and I have never seen a 1 moa M1903 or 03A3 in it's original form (meaning not glass bedded, free floated, scoped with aftermarket triggers). A really good one can hold the 10 ring of an SR-1 target if the rifle and shooter are up to it... and it helps to have superb eyesight. A consistent one moa 03A3, sorry... have to call horseshit. The Army tried making the 03A3 a NM rifle post WWII, and it was a total failure... with all their resources, they couldn't make it work.
    ...did you read the OP at all?
    He's done some work to it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    With a Krieger barrel and milled trigger, I can see a 1MOA three shot group being pretty reasonable in the right conditions.

While it may not be a precision bolt rifle in modern terms, it sounds like exactly the sort of hybrid nostalgic tack driver the OP was looking for...
    Beyond that, this thread is worthless without pics. Well, not totally, but I'd like to see pictures of this thing, and target pics wouldn't hurt either.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
    ...did you read the OP at all?
    He's done some work to it.
    Yes, I read the OP.

There is a LOT more to getting an 03A3 to shoot than screwing in a Kreiger tube and putting on a C stock. Most of the new C stocks require a lot of work to correct the bedding (read-they suck). The "work" you take note of in the OP is a Kreiger tube... the rest of it-parkerization, a stock and a front sight protector- is cosmetic. If the OP would elaborate on how he accurized the rifle, I would be keen to listen.

I stand by my call of horseshit on a sub MOA Iron sighted 03A3.

Feedback Score
    Double hit
    Last edited by Deputy Dan; 03-21-12 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Curious as well...

Too bad we didnt even get pictures.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Unless pics show up, I'm thinking DD's words have the ring of hard won truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast