Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Colt sear block

Feedback Score
    anything you say.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    But a stripped lower w/o this feature. For the $$ spent, and then you'll have two lowers, better deal.
    New York resident, preban

Feedback Score
    xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 22:15.
    Qui Me Tangit Paenitebit (he who touches me will repent)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim2L View Post
    anything you say.
    What is wrong with this situation is some people will bitch and moan about how Colt is infringing on their 2nd Amendment rights with this block, yet in the same breath, they tell us how good their LMT, Armalite, RRA, etc lower is.

If you buy a lower with a block, the Colt block is better for removal than a high self. The factory aluminum and anodizing remains untouched.

The only people who have a somewhat of a legitimate gripe are those who live in a ban state and are making a precision gun and need to install a match trigger.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    What is wrong with this situation is some people will bitch and moan about how Colt is infringing on their 2nd Amendment rights with this block, yet in the same breath, they tell us how good their LMT, Armalite, RRA, etc lower is.

If you buy a lower with a block, the Colt block is better for removal than a high self. The factory aluminum and anodizing remains untouched.

The only people who have a somewhat of a legitimate gripe are those who live in a ban state and are making a precision gun and need to install a match trigger.
    I'll try to remember that when I'm buying off the shelf trigger pins for my non-Colt lower.

Colt generally makes good M16 parts but their lowers suck for a number of reasons. I avoid them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim2L View Post
    I'll try to remember that when I'm buying off the shelf trigger pins for my non-Colt lower.

Colt generally makes good M16 parts but their lowers suck for a number of reasons. I avoid them.

Again, large trigger/hammer pins are widely available for every type of trigger. You are making an issue out of a non issue.

I don't like the large pins or sear block either but this issue is way overblown.

Nobody gets on Olympic for not milling selector stops. Nobody gets on LMT, RRA, or Armalite for high self lowers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN-hgwt View Post
    I'm fairly certain the RRA large pin 2 stage trigger also fits.

Paladin
    I have in my my Sporter Lightweight formerly 7.62x39 lower, Fits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Again, large trigger/hammer pins are widely available for every type of trigger. You are making an issue out of a non issue.

I don't like the large pins or sear block either but this issue is way overblown.

Nobody gets on Olympic for not milling selector stops. Nobody gets on LMT, RRA, or Armalite for high self lowers.
    Scott, honestly...you are right. For a guy like me, it's really moxnix either way. If I am truly honest with myself, the primary reason I steer clear of Colt is political. I guess I haven't forgotten the way I felt about this issue in the nineties. I suppose I should move on.

I'll tell you what, if I was Colt's, after all the financial woes they have had, I would do everything possible to reduce my liability profile in this political climate.
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodyn View Post
    Scott, honestly...you are right. For a guy like me, it's really moxnix either way. If I am truly honest with myself, the primary reason I steer clear of Colt is political. I guess I haven't forgotten the way I felt about this issue in the nineties. I suppose I should move on.

I'll tell you what, if I was Colt's, after all the financial woes they have had, I would do everything possible to reduce my liability profile in this political climate.

What do they do that you don't like?

Feedback Score
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    And since the thread has already drifted into "why"....

Colt got a huge bailout from the Conneticut state legislature, but with the caveat that Colt not sell "assault rifles" to civillians.

That's the period after 1989 where they removed the bayonet lug from the rifles and started putting the block in there, when the "green box" became a "blue box", and the name changed from AR-15 to Colt Sporter.

They could then go and tell the state legislature that they no longer sold "assault rifles" to civillians.

They haven't put this awful steel sear block in their rifles for at least 10 years.
    I owned one of those "blue box" abominations for less than 24hrs. I returned it the next day when I realized that something wasn't right about it.

Again, for me, it goes back to the political climate of the nineties. I'm not over it yet. I'm one of those that bitches and moans about it rather than just accepting it. The exception is, I have no illusions about Colt's being of high quality, and I have no need to talk about how my LMT compares to Colt nor do I drink the LMT Kool Aid. I simply have a bad taste in my mouth about Colt's decision to make a different gun for me, the American citizen, than they make for the U.S. Gov't. However irrational that may seem, it's just how I feel.

Colt's are top shelf. I wish I could own one and feel good about it...but I just don't. I'd rather give my money to a guy like John Noveske who isn't going out of his way to please the politicians and lawyers.

This is chat, so I'll just leave it there.
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast