Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .308 Compensator... Battlecomp?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Take a look at Primary Weapons Systems Comp/Flash Supressors. Doesn't add excessive weight to the front, yet does a tremendous job of reducing both rearward recoil and upward muzzle climb. The Battle Comp does nothing for rearward recoil control. While loud, the 16" 7.62x51 I had the PWS mounted on had barely more rearward recoil than a 5.56.

Here's a link: http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...7&idcategory=6

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The military uses ear pro for shit hits the fan and so do good hunters. Get some electronic ear pro.
    Pat
    +10. With today's electronic ear protection, why blow out your eardrums?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    +10. With today's electronic ear protection, why blow out your eardrums?
    Have you ever been hunting? When you and your buddy are whispering to each other to the point you can hear a pin drop, hearing protection is counterproductive.

I'm not talking practicing on a range - of course you wear hearing protection.

I need a comp that I can take 1 or 2 shots with, without hearing protection and ensure I'm not removing my own or my buddy's eardums. The BC does that. The PWC - no chance - I used that and while it's a decent comp, is louder than loud - an extremly loud, high-pitched crack, just like their 556 version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Have you ever been hunting? When you and your buddy are whispering to each other to the point you can hear a pin drop, hearing protection is counterproductive.
    Yup, I have - and wearing my Sordins, I can hear better than with nothing. A braked rifle will **** up your hearing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BABC or Dynacomp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Yup, I have - and wearing my Sordins, I can hear better than with nothing. A braked rifle will **** up your hearing.
    I'll definitely try out some sordins then. Been round and round with my buddies (some have tried stuff like that) and they've all ended up doing without. I value my hearing very much, trust me, but have always heard (no pun intended) that the "modern" protection" "isn't quite there yet."

Any particular Sordin you can recommend to me? I'll definitely give it a shot.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-14-12 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I'm not talking practicing on a range - of course you wear hearing protection.

I need a comp that I can take 1 or 2 shots with, without hearing protection and ensure I'm not removing my own or my buddy's eardums. The BC does that. The PWC - no chance - I used that and while it's a decent comp, is louder than loud - an extremly loud, high-pitched crack, just like their 556 version.
    Have you ever tried electronic ear pro. You actually hear better than without the muffs until the gun fires. Yes you should hunt with ear pro and yes I have been hunting.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll definitely try out some sordins then. Been round and round with my buddies (some have tried stuff like that) and they've all ended up doing without. I value my hearing very much, trust me, but have always heard (no pun intended) that the "modern" protection" "isn't quite there yet."

Any particular Sordin you can recommend to me? I'll definitely give it a shot.
    http://www.srstactical.com/communica...-headsets.html

I have the Supreme Pro X.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12