Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DPMS double tap trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New DPMS double tap trigger

I was on the range yesterday and a fellow insisted I shoot his DPMS AR (which was sporting a nice Nightforce scope). I squeezed the trigger, bang!, released the trigger, bang! "How odd" I thought. Again, squeezed the trigger, bang!, released the trigger, bang! I fired the gun twelve times with six pulls and six releases of the trigger. I told him the gun was defective but he said no it was fine. If it is not defective it must have been designed that way. A double tap trigger. He took the gun back and fired it fifty or sixty shots, went away with a big grin on his face.

Feedback Score
    I do believe the ATF frowns on that type of trigger actuation. Correct me if im wrong but isnt the definition of a semi auto one round per trigger PULL?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, 'once per pull', though there is the gray area in regard to gatling/crank type function as while it can fire at multiple points per rotation its acceptable because you can deliberately control the ROF.

Theoretically a 'double tap' trigger could be seen in simular light as while it will send two, it'll only do it at a pace determined deliberately by the shooter.
    (though why one would ever want to be absolutely commited to a 2nd shot every time the trigger was pulled is beyond me)

All that being said, dude at the range simply had a improperly assembled and/or broke-ass POS and wasn't bright enough to know it.
    Last edited by GTifosi; 06-30-12 at 10:20. Reason: spelling like 9 year old

Feedback Score
    Yeah, having no way to cancel the 2nd shot is ridiculous. I can only imagine the disconnector is releasing the hammer before the sear is engaged.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    ...A double tap trigger. He took the gun back and fired it fifty or sixty shots, went away with a big grin on his face.
    The old saying is still true, "You can't fix stupid."

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Odd way to reduce magazine capacity by 50%...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snekrz View Post
    I do believe the ATF frowns on that type of trigger actuation. Correct me if im wrong but isnt the definition of a semi auto one round per trigger PULL?
    See this is where you're unclear on the concept. One round is being fired on the PULL.....and one round on the RELEASE....see the difference. For sure this passes ATF muster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The owner is a fool. The weapon is malfunctioning and is unsafe. More often than not, this is a disconnector issue and an easy fix.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Something from DPMS that doesn't work right? Never would have expected that.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    ****ing retarded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast