Thread: My first 300 BLK Build...opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My first 300 BLK Build...opinions?

Finally finished my first 300 BLK. It was a royal pain as I couldn't find a Noveske 300 barrel anywhere and had to buy a complete used Rogue upper and steal the barrel. Now all I have to do is expand my stamp collection and get a new suppressor to take the place of the KX3. Any thoughts on the flip ups vs. the carry handle? I'm leaning toward the handle.

Build list:
    Noveske marked VIS upper
    Noveske BCG
    Noveske Chg handle
    Noveske 8" .300 barrel
    Noveske pinned gas block and tube
    Noveske KX3
    Surefire light/grip
    Troy rail panels
    Noveske marked Troy front sight
    Noveske marked Troy rear ...or ... LMT carry handle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Feedback Score
    Pretty cool. I'd go carry handle and get a fixed front sight, LMT or something.
    Be sure and update us when you get you stamp and lower for that guy.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    Nice.

Tryin' to find a Noveske 8 myself, dangit.

Nobody's got 'em. I guess Noveske's made the switch to 1/7, which didn't help the supply chain, I'm sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. I got a couple of LMT Fixed fronts. I tried them with the carry handle but for some reason the troy just looked better. I got a sbr'd lower already just figured I would take some pics of the upper now that I am done.

I am on a 6 -9 month backorder for the barrel with Noveske and have been looking for a used or new one for about 2 months. I finally broke down and bought a used 8" rogue upper and stole the barrel. If you aren't on Noveske's backorder list you have to get on a distributers cause they are no longer selling Barrels to the general public. I searched everywhere and everyone was out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any thoughts on a suppressor? I don't have any 30 cal ones at the moment and have to get one like yesterday for this thing. I was thinking AAC SDN-6 or a Gemtech Quicksand titanium so I can use it on my 300 winmag also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is a pic on one of my lowers just because

Last edited by olzkool; 06-10-12 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    Sweet build so far...you could always do a pistol till your stamp arrives.

It's what I'm doing, and i can hunt whitetail here in IN until i SBR it...then i might have to get another pistol lower just for the deer woods

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the compliment. I have a SBR'd lower I can use in the mean time but it would be pretty cool set up as a pistol and the parts are cheap. Right now I am in the which suppressor stage of the build, pay my $200, and wait an eternity