Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR107CR Questions

Feedback Score
    Arsenal told me no USPS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I recently had to send my 106FR back and I didn't ask how they wanted it sent, but I sent is via USPS without any problem.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Odenwald View Post
    Arsenal told me no USPS
    How do you say, "go **** yourself" in Russian? Or Bulgarian.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    How do you say, "go **** yourself" in Russian? Or Bulgarian.
    Russian: Pashol Nahuy.

Feedback Score
    FEDEX wants $250 for rifles (overnight only).
    $250 to ship a rifle? That can't be right.

I thought the carriers only required overnight for handguns?

Feedback Score
    Wait a min...

So you're sending the rifle back to Arsenal because of two issues(Horse looked like he said one of your concerns was a non-issue)?
    1. Impact is 5" left of point of aim
    2. Failed trigger resets

This will come off insulting to anyone it's asked. Please understand it's being asked while keeping in mind the majority of people who are posting don't have any experience...
    Are you sure the 5" left is an issue with the rifle and not you? Were you shooting off hand at 50 yards? I didn't see any mention of shooting supported/from sand bags etc. Again, not questioning your skills, clarifying before you spend $250 on shipping.
    Even if the 5" left is purely a rifle "issue" I wouldn't consider it an issue. I forgot how much a full turn moves the POI at 25 yards. Say one full turn maybe? 5" at 50 yards would only be 2.5 turns. I'm sure 96 SS knows this better than I do. I've never seen a perfectly aligned front and rear sight block. Or if they are damn close the right sight can also mount crooked in the rear sight block. While they can take a beating like no other there are a lot of variables when building which make having no front sight adjustment required at all damn near impossible. I could definitely live with only 2.5 turns.

As for the failed trigger resets I've seen this on multiple Arsenal's. Not just your model. I haven't seen or heard of their trigger groups actually failing. They just leave something to be desired. Awkward pull and very rarely having to push the trigger forward sucks super balls.
    You could either polish the Arsenal trigger group or just get a Tapco G2... Either way you have to be very careful. Changing/modifying the trigger group means doing tons of checks after reinstall. Be confident to the point where you'd trust the rifle with your life. At no point would the hammer ever fall without a full reset and full pull of the trigger. I.E., the hammer is caught by the disconnector 100% of the time, the trigger always releases the hammer at the same point of the full pull 100% of the time, etc...

I understand changing out a trigger group isn't for everyone. If you aren't comfortable with the work by all means send it back to Arsenal. Those aren't cheap rifles so the company should back them up.

Feedback Score
    Pashol Nahuy- Man that is one to remember, too good. Well shipped this am for $30 Insured with UPS, no too bad (Still a little angered at the whole fact). But yes I called FEDEX and for rifles they told me overnight from Center (maybe got the wrong guy on phone). As for the no USPS, that was direct from Arsenal in RMA return letter/ email.

I am returning due to
    1. Gap in trunion/ carrier connection (Arsenal stated from Pic that is not normal)
    2. Shooting 1' POA at 100yd. Off bag, I get off target at times but not that bad- had another Arsenal (SAM) and M44 Mosin both Iron Sighted shooting fine same day/ time.
    3. Minor gouge in front of front sight on top of barrel.
    4. Trigger reset on a few rounds, I informed them if it will go away with time I can deal with that.

Overall they stated they wanted back after what I detailed/ emailed pic. And after $1k, I want something perfect (case of OCD on my part)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That gap is normal. 99% of AKs have it. It doesnt effect anything. I wouldn't worry about it unless you can pass a pencil through it or something like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Pashol Nahuy- Man that is one to remember, too good. Well shipped this am for $30 Insured with UPS, no too bad (Still a little angered at the whole fact). But yes I called FEDEX and for rifles they told me overnight from Center (maybe got the wrong guy on phone). As for the no USPS, that was direct from Arsenal in RMA return letter/ email.

I am returning due to
    1. Gap in trunion/ carrier connection (Arsenal stated from Pic that is not normal)
    2. Shooting 1' POA at 100yd. Off bag, I get off target at times but not that bad- had another Arsenal (SAM) and M44 Mosin both Iron Sighted shooting fine same day/ time.
    3. Minor gouge in front of front sight on top of barrel.
    4. Trigger reset on a few rounds, I informed them if it will go away with time I can deal with that.

Overall they stated they wanted back after what I detailed/ emailed pic. And after $1k, I want something perfect (case of OCD on my part)
    That's fully reasonable. Arsenal wants to be a real firearms company. They should continue to act like it and handle customer service accordingly. They are probably as close as anyone in the big numbers game will get to a good-to-go AK out of the box. Lemons, no matter what degree, should be handled under warranty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My SGL trigger wouldn't reset either. I tried to get them to fix it, explained that I was a unit armoror in the past and worked on all kinds of weapons (AKs included) and they still wouldn't just send me a new trigger group. They told me to pay for shipping even though I documented the problem with a video and sent it to them

I'll never buy another unless it's from Atlantic because at least they'll take care of it for me.

In the end, I just dropped a TAPCO in there and called it a day...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast