Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire M300 vs 600

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I didn't notice "M". I just saw 300 and assumed it was the X300.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doddste4 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't notice "M". I just saw 300 and assumed it was the X300.
    That's why I always say mini Scout and leave the 300 out of it when talking about that light.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will want more than 170 for outdoors. You will want less than 200 for indoors.

What will you be using the gun for primarily, or rather, what will its most important application be? Theres your answer. No thinking about it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been using my mini Scout outdoors for a good while now. A few years back I was running an incandescent Scout with no issues. Brighter is good outdoors, but at least I can get by with less. I'm not trying to reach out all that far though, either.

At the same time, we always have bright handhelds on us and my buddy brings his Hellfighter. That thing throws some serious light.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I run a mini scout on my duty gun. I work midnights for a rural Sheriffs Dept, where ranges can really creap out there. I have done a few open field and large orchard searches with the M300 now and have found it marginal a few times. It works for now, but as soon as $$ allows, I will change it out for the M600. I'm in no hurry though and do think the mini scout is a great "all around" light.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    I run a mini scout on my duty gun. I work midnights for a rural Sheriffs Dept, where ranges can really creap out there. I have done a few open field and large orchard searches with the M300 now and have found it marginal a few times. It works for now, but as soon as $$ allows, I will change it out for the M600. I'm in no hurry though and do think the mini scout is a great "all around" light.
    Plus with the new m600 putting out 250 lumens (instead of it's current 200), it'll be a serious increase over the mini scout.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When is this new higher luman 300 and 600 going to be available?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I prefer the mini scout 300 due to it's smaller profile, allowing more real estate on your rifle for hand placement and also if the battery goes out you only need to find one to get it back running.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by circuit View Post
    I prefer the mini scout 300 due to it's smaller profile, allowing more real estate on your rifle for hand placement and also if the battery goes out you only need to find one to get it back running.
    The mount and tail are in the same place for both the M300 and M600, the only difference is that the body of the M600 extends further forward, which doesn't effect rail space.

Photo from G&R Tactical in this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39479
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just picked up a new Surefire M300c mini scout light and it didn't come with a female tell cap and I need on I believe the part I need is a Surefire Part Black Replacement Cap for M300 & M600 "UE-BK"... Can someone please confirm that this is correct or not thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast