Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Initial thoughts on the Midwest Industries gen2 drop in quad rail...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Initial thoughts on the Midwest Industries gen2 drop in quad rail...

Hey, everyone! Arrived home today to find the UPS man had delivered my new Midwest Industries gen2 drop in quad rail. Let me preface by saying I didn't want to throw just any quad rail on my rifle. I was determined to stay away from the $30 "gun show" specials that are out there. I was originally looking at the Daniel Defense EZ Car drop in, but after some additional research, found a lot of really good reviews of the MI en2.

I like the monolithic continuous top rail which some other rails I looked at didnt have. Constructed from 6061 aluminum with T-marked mil-spec 1913 rails. 4 anti-rotation QD sockets for push button swivels. Weighs in at 7.5 ounces and is made in the USA! Looks awesome and feels high quality.

Took just a minute to drop it in... Once it was in place, it feels rock solid. Some of the cheap rails I've seen don't seem to lock up tight and have some movement. This feels almost like a a free float.

I paid $150 for it which seems reasonable. Time will be the ultimate test, but I think this quad rail is going to do the job nicely for a long time. If you're looking for a QUALITY drop in quad rail, you owe it to yourself to take a look at these MI gen2 drop ins. Check out pics below.... The rifle is a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Looks great. I've always been a fan of MI since they are US made, high quality and at a great price.
    Last edited by tostado22; 03-25-13 at 23:06.

Feedback Score
    My brother got one of these from Rainier Arms, it would not fit on the three Colt carbines we tried it on.

MI recommended to file on the tight spots to get it to fit, but that still did not work... We ended up sending it back.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 03-25-13 at 23:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    My brother got one these from Rainier Arms, it would not fit on the three Colt carbines we tried it on.

MI recommended to file on the tight spots to get it to fit, but that still did not work... We ended up sending it back.
    That's a drag.... Mine dropped right in. It's snug, but fits perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Theinnocentcivilian View Post
    That's a drag.... Mine dropped right in. It's snug, but fits perfectly.
    I'm glad it works for you. Other than our "little" fitment issue it was a vary nicely machined rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    My brother got one of these from Rainier Arms, it would not fit on the three Colt carbines we tried it on.

The description on MI's site states that particular rail is now Colt compatible,so that issue has probably been fixed. I'm interested in these as well,but it's still impossible to see if they are in stock.I'll wait until I'm sure before I place an order.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    I have a friend that doesn't have alot of cash and wanted to put a vertical grip on his Rock River m4. I had one from my Daniels defense build and some rail covers. So I told him to buy the Midwest Gen2.
    We put it on this weekend. I thought it was pretty nice for the price.
    Looks good, No Movement. Has that piece that jumps over the delta ring so your rail looks one piece, and has single point sling mounts front and back on both sides.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I got one of the same (MI midlength drop-in quadrail, gen2) several months ago. True to its name it dropped right in on a BCM upper. It is VERY light and seems like a quality piece. The only thing I dislike is that unlike many other brands of drop-in quadrail, there are no screws clamping the two halves together. So it's a bit loose when installed, compared to my Troy drop-in which is rock solid. Just an annoyance. I think it's a good value, and again it's light compared to others.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just can't bring myself to like their rails.
    No matter how much I want to.
    The fitment issues are an old problem.
    Their best offering seems to be the newest free float tube, which looks like a Troy TRX.

The retail store is nice.
    I've sent a lot of money their way and spent a few there myself.
    I got an earful about "Gucci gear" one time, and another time they wher about to lay into me because they assumed I was going to mount a MOE handguard on a BCM SS410 upper. (It was going on a BCM 14.5 middy upper, buying 2 gas tubes probably means I've got 2 builds going.)
    This annoys me, which is why I tend not to talk much to people working at gun stores.

I'll still shop at their retail store from time to time, but for the money, I'd buy Troy Industries over Midwest Industries.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    Just picked one of these up... Hope it's solid.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast