Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hassle Glock untill ejection issue is fixed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Turn back the clock and do whatever they were doing for 23 years before 2010.
    This. For the Gen 3 guns, why not go back to the older parts? Is it a cost issue?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think Grant's right..Glock dosen't know how to fix it..So far the only person who has offered a viable fix, is Randy Lee. When he gets his extractors out, and offers ejection port lowering, I'll be sending my slide to him..As it is now, with a LW extractor installed, I'm not getting beaned that often, But Randy's offering a permanent cure, and from what I've read, it works no matter what ejector you're using,and I figure it would probably cheaper than rebuilding the pistol, like alot of folks do with their M&P's..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-24-12 at 10:16.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your money will echo louder than your calls and emails. Stop buying Gen 4's or just stop buying Glock until they get their $hit together.

I keep buying Gen 3's and have no issues.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I have to agree.

Stop buying their products.

Its sort of like the auto industry. Calling and complaining to Ford and Chrysler did me no good at all. In the end...I just bought a Toyota truck and said screw the American garbage pickups.

6 years later and Ford and Dodge still crank out crap and I still drive a Tundra. Bottom line: these large manufacturers probably don't care, because they STILL move tons of product even if there is a large and known problem.

The only real thing we can do as consumers is to vote with our wallets.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    I think they know. And I think they would have to machine new slides to fix the problem.

For now I'm bandaiding my 2 guns that have this issue so they don't eject in my face. They do not have any FTFs.

And I agree, I certainly won't buy or reccomend Glocks anymore. As an FFL, I won't sell any either.

The market will sort this out but it will take some large customers, US Gov, and large Police Depts. to get Gaston to get his shit together. Just don't hold your breath.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Your money will echo louder than your calls and emails. Stop buying Gen 4's or just stop buying Glock until they get their $hit together.

I keep buying Gen 3's and have no issues.
    Yes and no. Depends on how widespread the problem actually is and you covered both sides of the debate. If your Glock doesn't perform correctly, stop buying them. There are other guns on the market you can buy. However, depending on how widespread the problem actually is will dictate how well this will work. As long as the majority don't have problems, Glock will keep selling pistols and LEAs will keep using them. Same reason why S&W won't rectify the 9mm accuracy problem. They sell enough pistols so that it isn't a big concern for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This thread is quite entertaining.

So you call in to complain about your Glock not working right. You and 5,000 other people that Glock has no way of telling if you actually know what you are doing, shooting any kind of factory ammo, without having done anything to the gun.

They may have jumped the shark on the 9mm dual recoil spring assembly, but hey call the Austrians and complain. It's their design. Glock in the US just gets guns from Austria and sells em.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    1. Glock is well aware of the issue as they hear about from personnel who attend the armorer courses. It has nothing to know with what you are doing and even die hard Glock shooters (I am) are saying the same thing. Something has changed or happened and it needs to get fixed.

2. Apparently you aren't aware that U.S market Glocks are almost entirely made in the factory in Smyrna. So no they don't just get them from Austria and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by ygbsm View Post
    This thread is quite entertaining.

So you call in to complain about your Glock not working right. You and 5,000 other people that Glock has no way of telling if you actually know what you are doing, shooting any kind of factory ammo, without having done anything to the gun.

They may have jumped the shark on the 9mm dual recoil spring assembly, but hey call the Austrians and complain. It's their design. Glock in the US just gets guns from Austria and sells em.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock's dilemma

Grant said that Glock may not know how to fix the problem. If so, then does it follow that they don't understand why the older pistols worked correctly?

I wonder if Glock 9's sold to European agencies are showing the same issues.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Grant said that Glock may not know how to fix the problem. If so, then does it follow that they don't understand why the older pistols worked correctly?

I wonder if Glock 9's sold to European agencies are showing the same issues.
    IMHO, Glock got it "right" out of the gate by PURE luck (it happens).

Someone much more experienced than I said it best; "Glock doesn't know how to fix guns that don't run because they have never had to do it before."

C4

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast