Page 612 of 674 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6737

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Why would you think I was saying there was anything wrong with them?? Would I buy 4 and possibly a 5th if they weren't par excellence??
    I was saying the mistake (said tongue in cheek), was that after owning a couple I sold my Browns and bought all Nighthawks. AND to clarify
    I'm not denigrating Ed Brown's I'm just praising NightHawk MORE!! They remind me of the craftsmanship that used to be done by the likes of
    kings and HOAG gunworks.
    I've still got "beater" 1911's but my hi end 1911's are now all Nighthawk. Contemplating buying a 5th this weekend.

I've owned dozens of hi end 1911's (2011's), over the years and launched over 500K rds thru various guns so I'm kinda picky on what
    I like. God and my wife have been good to me so it just works for me.My Hawks.jpg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice collection of night hawks, good luck on your fifth. Never handled one myself maybe some day!

Ed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am sorry, I miss understand what you said and didn't look at the photo clearly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldgrunt View Post
    Why would you think I was saying there was anything wrong with them?? Would I buy 4 and possibly a 5th if they weren't par excellence??
    I was saying the mistake (said tongue in cheek), was that after owning a couple I sold my Browns and bought all Nighthawks. AND to clarify
    I'm not denigrating Ed Brown's I'm just praising NightHawk MORE!! They remind me of the craftsmanship that used to be done by the likes of
    kings and HOAG gunworks.
    I've still got "beater" 1911's but my hi end 1911's are now all Nighthawk. Contemplating buying a 5th this weekend.

I've owned dozens of hi end 1911's (2011's), over the years and launched over 500K rds thru various guns so I'm kinda picky on what
    I like. God and my wife have been good to me so it just works for me.My Hawks.jpg
    Any reason you don't go with Wilson's?

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    OK I hope I don't get in trouble but here's my opinion and it's worth what you paid for it. I have owned 3 Wilsons and they were nice guns but not to the level of NH.
    There are a couple things such as the cut for the slide stop on the Wilson's they've gone the Colt route and just cut the rail. The reason Colt started this was their 10mm
    kept cracking the rail there. They continued it on all their 1911's as it was a less expensive process. Wilson does this also, no reason other than cost savings. I'm sorry
    but on a $3K+ firearm it's not appreciated by me. Then the armor coat I don't care what anyone says that stuff flakes just looking at it. NOT BASHING PAINTED / POLYMER
    finishes, I've got a few that are black T or cerakote and they hold up much better. Whatever process FN uses on their Hi Powers should be the industry standard that finish holds up!!
    The black nitride that NH uses is seriously tough, very little wear. Not a beautiful finish but a hard tough finish.
    I know the history of NH and the Wilson influence. I also realize there are no Wilson folks left at NH. That said to me they have taken it above and beyond what other semi custom
    builders have done. Not bashing anyone. As I said I've owned Baers , Wilson's, Hoag, etc. to me my Hawks are the closest thing to the craftmanshipo Jim Hoag extolled in his builds.
    To you young pups you will probably never know what some of the early pioneers did in the 1911 field , Jim Hoag, Jim Boland, Armand Swenson, etc. I am glad NH and others have a
    few "young" guys still yearning to make a living giving us custom guns.
    I'm an old fart hence my moniker but it's funny how Glock guys made fun of spending thousands on a 1911 and now spend thousands on a ZEV, Alchemy, etc. There's something to
    be said about owning a custom gun besides pride of ownership.
    Now I've rattled on longer than I should....don't get me started on how the 9 is NOW as effective as a 45
    Last edited by 1oldgrunt; 11-10-17 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldgrunt View Post
    OK I hope I don't get in trouble but here's my opinion and it's worth what you paid for it. I have owned 3 Wilsons and they were nice guns but not to the level of NH.
    There are a couple things such as the cut for the slide stop on the Wilson's they've gone the Colt route and just cut the rail. The reason Colt started this was their 10mm
    kept cracking the rail there. They continued it on all their 1911's as it was a less expensive process. Wilson does this also, no reason other than cost savings. I'm sorry
    but on a $3K+ firearm it's not appreciated by me. Then the armor coat I don't care what anyone says that stuff flakes just looking at it. NOT BASHING PAINTED / POLYMER
    finishes, I've got a few that are black T or cerakote and they hold up much better. Whatever process FN uses on their Hi Powers should be the industry standard that finish holds up!!
    The black nitride that NH uses is seriously tough, very little wear. Not a beautiful finish but a hard tough finish.
    I know the history of NH and the Wilson influence. I also realize there are no Wilson folks left at NH. That said to me they have taken it above and beyond what other semi custom
    builders have done. Not bashing anyone. As I said I've owned Baers , Wilson's, Hoag, etc. to me my Hawks are the closest thing to the craftmanshipo Jim Hoag extolled in his builds.
    To you young pups you will probably never know what some of the early pioneers did in the 1911 field , Jim Hoag, Jim Boland, Armand Swenson, etc. I am glad NH and others have a
    few "young" guys still yearning to make a living giving us custom guns.
    I'm an old fart hence my moniker but it's funny how Glock guys made fun of spending thousands on a 1911 and now spend thousands on a ZEV, Alchemy, etc. There's something to
    be said about owning a custom gun besides pride of ownership.
    Now I've rattled on longer than I should....don't get me started on how the 9 is NOW as effective as a 45
    Thanks for your thoughts. I've had Kimber s back when they were early series 1, colts, Les baer, and just recently got a Wilson.

The frame cut doesn't bother me. I'm interested in seeing how the finish holds up now. It seems like a great gun, and I guess it should for the price.

I've looked at Nighthawks, but haven't handled one. Their astetics don't speak to me as much as the Wilson's. Although the Wilson I bought has a blank slide with no forward serrations, just like my Baer. I might have to take another look to see what Nighthawk has, especially in 10mm.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    new-to-me Combat Operator

Feedback Score
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yugo308guy; 11-11-17 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    Hugo with the exception of using a colt base gun that 1* looks perfect

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    No handgun board is complete without a 1911 handgun picture thread.

Please post some pictures of your favorites.
    If I had a nickel for every inactive picture link on these picture threads, I might actually be able to afford a high-end 1911...

Page 612 of 674 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662 ... LastLast