Thread: TISAS' "Museum Grade" 1911A1

Feedback Score

TISAS' "Museum Grade" 1911A1

Other than maybe a couple details, it seems pretty similar to their latest GI 1911A1's.

Didn't realize that duplicating the wartime markings accurately would be a concern, but I think it would be cool if they did.

"Based on a 1943 Remington Rand, the Tisas Armed Services (AS) duplicates the original Type E hammer, correct arched mainspring housing, small window ejection port, and other features specific to the sub-contracted pistols of the day.

“Until now, no one has produced a true replica of the issue M1911A1,” stated SDS/Tisas USA CEO Tim Mulverhill. “Many companies have created ‘GI’ or similarly named models, but none of them were true representations of the original. We set out to create a version that would be hard to tell apart when holding an original in one hand and the Tisas in the other. Until you see the discreet manufacturer information under the dust cover, you can’t tell them apart other than wear and the cruder wartime machining marks of the originals. We even considered adding the flaming Ordnance Bomb proof mark, but there is a fine line between replica and counterfeit, and we felt that would be crossing it.”

The Armed Services features the correct United States Property roll marks, and ships with the correct brown plastic grips. A set of walnut, double diamond checkered grips are also included."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ica-tisas-usa/
    Last edited by Slater; 01-19-24 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I saw one at TriggerCon last year. It looked good, and I was holding off buying a Tisas to pick up of those up. Ended up grabbing one of the current GI versions because the deal was too good. Who knows, I still might grab one of these eventually.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.