Page 119 of 674 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 6737

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    Robb, what trigger pull C&S Kit did you use in your Hot looking Warrior?
    I don't what Mike O'Hara used in it. I need to call him and ask what color that is because it's different than my FDE GunKote and Norrells moly.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    On a little hike last weekend I stopped and took some pics of the Les Baer Concept VIII:

Sorry I didn't clean it for the photo op. I had shot 100 rounds thru it earlier that day and put it back in the holster. The rock was sitting there and I wondered what the gun would look like against it.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    What are you guys with rails/lights/combos running for holsters. My endless search for a railed 1911 holster is difficult enough.

Should I just seek out a custom kydex craftsman?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    What are you guys with rails/lights/combos running for holsters. My endless search for a railed 1911 holster is difficult enough.

I have a Blade Tech, Comp-Tac and a Safariland 6004.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm going to shoot BT an e-mail and see if they have a recommendation for my particular setup.

Thanks, GotM4!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post

Raven Concealment Phantom. Also have a Milt Sparks VM2 that I use with my Kimber Warrior occasionally.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like my former RRA 1911 will be working it's way back to me in the next few days. I knew I'd regret selling it, so I'll be glad to have it again.

The one thing I felt the gun was missing was a good magwell. Anyone have a recommendation for someone to install a Heinie/Stan Chen/Ed Brown type weld on magwell that DOESN'T lengthen the but of the gun? Extra bonus points if they've got the smarts to modify a set of LaserGrips to work with the magwell as well.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My first 1911, got it broken in and at a GREAT price!

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 07-03-09 at 07:32.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    Fire_Medic's CBOB is a good shooter as well.

Here's my Custom II
    Still undecided on which grips I like best.
    Esmerelda's cocobolo or Larry Davidson's Horned Lizards,........?

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 07-04-09 at 14:47.

Feedback Score

Lastest 1911 added to the herd

A friend of mine just bought his forth S&W and like me he's a Colt man also. I have been shooting his S&Ws for sometime now and they have just really impressed me with their über reliability and accuracy, right from the git-go. It will never take the place of my Colt's or Baers, but it is a fun addition to the stable. If Colt would have brought out their Rail Gun as a lightweight, I would have bought that instead, but adding a light to a full size steel pistol isn't my idea of a good time.

I don't plan on carrying it much, decent looking holsters aren't easy to find (I re-fit a old Galco I already had) and I really bought it as a nightstand gun. The Smith's do have a number of MIM parts in them, to their credit though they look very well done, but, being an old Colt guy use to their high quality small parts, I changed out the slide stop, hammer, sear, disconnector, magazine release and firing pin stop with those made by Colt. I also exchanged the FLGR with a standard USGI plug and guide rod to lessen the weight a little more (and GOD forbid I added a PLASTIC mainspring housing! ).

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.

Page 119 of 674 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219619 ... LastLast