Thread: CMT upper reciever problem.

Feedback Score

CMT upper reciever problem.

I recently built a new upper for my main rifle using a CMT upper. The problem started when I mounted my Eotech on it. My Eotech is mounted on the LT mount.

On my old receiver I had taken that same mount off and on many times with no problems, but now after just a couple off and ons while getting the rifle set up, the anodizing has worn off where the ball detente snaps over the rail, and where the lever rubs.

I never saw anything like this on my old receiver (RRA I believe), and to make it worse, the aluminum underneath is much softer than it should be, so the detente has worn a ditch in the rail, and the lever has done the same thing.

All this after just a few off and ons.

Is this normal for CMT uppers? It can't be right, at this pace my Eotech will fall off in no time, and I just shot the thing for the first time today.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Thors ~ Hammer Guest
    Sounds like you did not adjust the ball for the new receiver. Each receiver is different.

As long as you have the adjustable lever correctly installed the EO mount should never come off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thors ~ Hammer
    Sounds like you did not adjust the ball for the new receiver. Each receiver is different.

As long as you have the adjustable lever correctly installed the EO mount should never come off.
    Actually I did.

Seriously, it's like the HA just rubbed off.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've found that the GD ball scratches finishes quicker than the lever does.

I forgot it is adjustable too...

Nice feature.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...