Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score

SIONICS Weapon Systems

I have spent the last several months working with SIONICS Weapon Systems and wanted to take a moment to let everyone know what is going on here.

Some of you may have heard the name in the past... SIONICS started here in Tucson a couple of years ago; the originator of SIONICS wanted to make the best, no-nonsense carbine that you could get for a reasonable price and his dedication to that has lead to some pretty interesting products. Around the first of this year SIONICS moved into a new production facility and we pulled a great deal of the production in-house. The basic idea is simple: I was talking with a good friend one day when he commented that the AR is really just a barrel, bolt and trigger – and that if those parts are all good, the rifle will be good.

So, when developing the new lineup of SIONICS rifles, we focused on those three parts: the core of the rifle.

The barrels blanks are made to our drawing, they are all certified 11595E 41V50 steel and the brunt of our new rifles all use a 16 inch, 1:8, mid-length gas system barrel. Of course they all use NATO chambering and are hard chrome lined. We bring the barrels in and have them radiographed (x-ray) in two positions and the mag-particle inspected. The barrels are then manganese phosphated and if required a F-marked FSB is installed. Every barrel is test fired for function and accuracy... any barrel that does not make it all the way through is rejected.

The bolts are all current contract parts and are 100% HP tested and MP inspected, bolts are all shot peened and use the heavy extractor spring, black insert and o-ring. All of our bolt carriers are contract M16 parts, carrier keys are side staked and the carrier and key are NP3 plated.

The trigger is an after market single-stage design, that breaks at 4.5 – 5 lbs and has a very short, positive reset. The upper and lower receivers are of course 7075-T6 and Type III anodized with a dark black dye treatment.

Very solid rifles.

All Patrol Rifles features a 16" barrel with the popular Mid-Length gas system... other standard feature of the Patrol I include:
    7075 Forged, M4 Upper Receiver Assembly
    16" 41V50, Hard Chrome lined, 5.56mm NATO, 1:8 Barrel
    Mid-Length Gas System
    Forged "F" Marked Front Sight Base
    A2 Flash Suppressor
    Magpul MOE Handguard
    Mil-Spec Bolt Assembly with Nickel/PTFE Carrier
    7075 Charging Handle
    Magpul MBUS Rear Sight
    7075 Forged Lower Receiver
    SIONICS Lower Parts Kit w/Precision LE Trigger
    Magpul MOE Grip and Trigger Bow
    Mil-Spec Receiver Extension Tube
    True "H" Buffer and Mil-Spec Action Spring
    Magpul MOE Stock

I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I find the choice of 1:8 barrel twist interesting. I can recall seeing at least one well respected individual on this forum post a while back that he would like to see that twist rate become more popular.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    1:8 simply makes sense to have. Good to see that its a midlength too. What barrel profile is it?

Feedback Score
    I drew the barrel up... I call it a lighter than medium weight, it balances well. There are a couple of members here that have shot the rifles, maybe they can give some opinion.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very good assessment of what an AR essentially is.

Because inquiring minds want to know-
    -what method of manufacture was used to produce the barrels?
    -can you tell us who makes the barrel?
    -are the barrels proofed?
    -when will they be available?
    -how much are they going to sell for?
    -are they going to be available in taupe?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Give me a day or so to collect my thoughts. I have been working behind the scenes and I actually used one of the carbines during the Magpul Dynamics Course in Tucson back in April.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Intriguing, any possibility of a Dissipator-sytle upper?

I prefer carbine length gas systems as I've found mid-lengths to be a bit finickier than carbine gas systems but I'd be willing to give the middy 1:8 barrel a try.
    Last edited by Treehopr; 05-27-12 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looking forward to pics, prices, and some reports.
    I am a huge fan of 1/8, the barrel sounds like a winner.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does the 18.5" PMR barrel accept the OPS 12th model collar?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this affiliated with the orginal Sionics corporation started by Mitch WerBell?
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 05-27-12 at 12:55.

Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast