Thread: Advice Request - LMT E-Carrier on 16” Midlength?

Feedback Score

Advice Request - LMT E-Carrier on 16” Midlength?

Looking for some advice on my latest build. I’m using a 16” midlength gas Craddock Bartlein barrel with a 0.078” gas port. The build will eventually be suppressed with a Huxwrx Flow 556K and I plan to use a Vltor A5H2 buffer with a Springco green spring.

I didn’t plan to use an adjustable gas block because I didn’t think it would be necessary with the above setup but one of my buddies told me it might be slightly overgassed even with the Flow 556K.

This got me thinking about the LMT E-Carrier which I admittedly know very little about. Would this carrier be a good fit for this build? Would it’s gas blowback reduction qualities be enough for me to skip an adjustable gas block all together? I’ve just had bad luck with carbon locked adjustable gas blocks and I want to avoid them again if I can.

I like the IMI Razor Core 77g so that’s probably what I’ll be shooting most of the time.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds like another job for the EZTUNE gas tube!
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I would stay away from an adjustable gas block and go with the EZ tune gas tube mentioned in the post above.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shoot it and then decide if it needs any adjustments.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Shoot it and then decide if it needs any adjustments.
    I agree. I'm no fan of the springco nonsense. The port size is probably perfect with no can, but if the suppressor makes it miserable, the BRT tubes are the most painless solution.

Here's a visual of the last one we did:

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    EZ Tune gas tube, LMT E-Carrier, A5H2, Geissele Super 42 Rifle Spring.

For suppressed. A5H1-H0 for un.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    I have several Ar15's with barrel length from 10.5 " to 18" that I use the LMT enhanced bolt carriers with the Surefire suppressors. With the enhanced carriers, I've never felt the need to use the special gas tubes. The enhanced bolts have a different cam profile so they open slower than a regulator ar15 bolt and they just seem to shoot smoother than my guns with a regular bolt carriers. I have used the carriers in a lot of training classes and I've never had any problems with them. I've used them with 5.56 guns and 6.8 spc stuff. Because of the third gas port on the carrier, I feel like I get way less gas in back in my face.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oddballmkg View Post
    I have several Ar15's with barrel length from 10.5 " to 18" that I use the LMT enhanced bolt carriers with the Surefire suppressors. With the enhanced carriers, I've never felt the need to use the special gas tubes. The enhanced bolts have a different cam profile so they open slower than a regulator ar15 bolt and they just seem to shoot smoother than my guns with a regular bolt carriers. I have used the carriers in a lot of training classes and I've never had any problems with them. I've used them with 5.56 guns and 6.8 spc stuff. Because of the third gas port on the carrier, I feel like I get way less gas in back in my face.
    I just built an upper with a carbon steel, 14.5 Noveske Afghan barrel, light profile. It's over gassed. I first shot it with a lower built with a BCM Mk2 recoil system, light buffer. Ejection at 1:30.. maybe. I got a #3 buffer and it moved to 1:45-2:00. Then I found a deal for a LMT E-carrier which I paired with my Colt bolt and a Geissele super 42 rifle spring. Now I get 2:45-3:00 with full power ammo, after 3:00 with PMC and legit 4:00 with Tula. I'm leaving it there for now, next step would be a BRT gas tube.
    But otherwise the rifle is awesome ! Reliable, accurate with my ACOG, I did some good shooting at my last 2 gun match.

Feedback Score
    I have a pretty big mix of brand of barrels for my AR's. Most of my SBR stuff is using Noveske stainless barrels. And my 18 spr style rifles are using Centurion Arms barrels. All of my 14.5" carbine M4 style of rifles are using BCM barrels. I have about 12 of the LMT enhanced bolt carriers in different rifles and a couple of the Gemtech bolt carriers. I've had issues with the rifles cycling using the Gemtech bolt carriers. I pretty much only shoot with suppressors any more. I've really never understood every one complaining about stuff being over gassed. I'm kind of old school when it comes to AR's. I could care less about the ejection pattern as long as the rifle works all the time. I also think there is really no way to completely eliminating getting some gas back into the face with the AR15 because of how the gas system works.