Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    Polymorphous

The NON-destructive testing of welds that I have been exposed to involves x-ray. This includes high pressure fittings or boiler tube welds. I know that there are some x-ray devices that are very powerful for industrial use. I am not an expert in industrial X-ray but I am comfortable saying that for inspection purposes I doubt the X-ray would be harmful to the part being examined.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwsmitht343 View Post
    Polymorpheous

The NON-destructive testing of welds that I have been exposed to involves x-ray. This includes high pressure fittings or boiler tube welds. I know that there are some x-ray devices that are very powerful for industrial use. I am not an expert in industrial X-ray but I am comfortable saying that for inspection purposes I doubt the X-ray would be harmful to the part being examined.
    I'm a welder too.
    I always was told that x-ray inspection was a form of DT.
    I've never looked at the AWS literature regarding this.
    I've also had some bumbling morons for CWI's so for all I know 90% of what they told me could be BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    I just read through the thread and will try to answer the questions that have come up.

The rifles are available now - more info is on the website at www.sionicsweaponsystems.com

SIONICS Weapon Systems is not affiliated with the old SIONICS founded by Mitch WerBell

The PMR barrel is not stepped for the OPSInc collar... for now anyway.

All carbine barrel blanks come from a premium manufacturer, they are all made from 11595E 41V50 steel and certs are provided with every order. They are heat-treated and stress relieved. They are button drawn and are hard chrome lined. Every barrel is air-gauged, inspected for straightness, and bore scoped before they are shipped to us - we have a very high reject rate on the blanks. SIONICS barrels are designed for maximum reliability, durability and accuracy - we believe this method of manufacture provides the best combination of these.

SIONICS barrels are not tested with a high pressure proof round, our barrels are premium barrels and with the level of testing and QC inspections they go through, there is no reason to subject the barrel to an HP test.

According to the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing, "penetrating radiation" is a non-destructive test method. We chose to X-Ray the barrels after many, many hours of discussion with both barrel makers and Non-Destructive Engineers. We feel that X-Ray testing gives us a look at the barrels that no other single test can match. X-Ray is for sure not the fastest or cheapest test method, but we believe that by taking the extra measure to X-Ray 100% of our barrels is two positions (0 deg and 90 deg), we are able to say that SIONICS barrels undergo a stringent quality control process that is equal to or exceeds any other manufacturer's QC process.

All of our barrels are also Magnetic Particle Inspected to ensure that every barrel is free from defects.

All bolt carriers are contract M16 carriers, they are all plated with Ion-Bond or NP3 plating, so far testing has shown both process to produce superior results.

The pull weight of the trigger was increased slightly to 5.0 lbs to comply with a recent agency's requirements during purchase.

You would think that there would be a "kino config" of the rifle, both 12.5 and 16 inch versions... I mean, it just seems natural.

I am not sure what taupe is, but if it is close to FDE... yes, they are available in FDE.

IG's beard was X-Rayed too... I can not disclose what was found living in it.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Good to see a quality AR company in Arizona. I may just buy local for my next rifle.

Any plans for factory SBR configurations and short barrel uppers?
    Last edited by AZ-Renegade; 05-29-12 at 15:06.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    thanks for posting this information. i first heard about sionics when they made it onto rob's chart, but after reading this thread i'm even more interested...

Feedback Score
    A couple of questions on your barrel Xray procedure.
    1. Why MPI after X-raying? If I understand correctly, this is the same X-ray method mentioned in previous HPT vs. non-HPT threads where some members, including Grant IINM, stated that it was THE surest way to find any and all imperfections on the metal... If so, shouldn't the Xray by itself be enough?
    2. Why not subject the bolts to the same Xray test as opposed to the traditional HPT/MPI?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I met up with Will right after he drove home from the Magpul class. He showed me the rifle, and after handling it it is indeed lightweight and very quick handling. With the long hand guard there's just about unlimited space for what ever you are going to put on it, and for using irons, the farther they are apart the better.

On looking at the bolt carrier assembly, pretty much the only thing on it I saw was oil.

Once they finalize everything, it will be definitely good to go.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Are you guys going to offer the 16" mid length rifles/uppers with any other rail options besides the Samson rails ? Can they be ordered with Daniel Defense or Centurion rails ?
    Last edited by og556; 05-30-12 at 23:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Give me a day or so to collect my thoughts. I have been working behind the scenes and I actually used one of the carbines during the Magpul Dynamics Course in Tucson back in April.
    Looks like you made that visit!

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...hlight=sionics

Glad to hear you and others are having positive experiences.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sure nuff! There seems to be alot of focus on attention to detail and making sure that quality items are being used. I remember seeing some bolt carriers recently when I was there that were sent back because they were semi and not auto as specified.

I am sure that some others would have used them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazwell View Post
    Looks like you made that visit!

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...hlight=sionics

Glad to hear you and others are having positive experiences.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast