Page 39 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    IG-using a Sionics 16" barrel, do you recommend sticking with the a5H2 buffer? I installed a Vltor A5 Receiver Extension today, and am wondering what you'd usually run for an A5 buffer with commercial 223 (PMC bronze, etc). Thanks.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 11-28-15 at 00:29.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I do not have anymore PMC Bronze. But, my 16" LW melonite barrel with a .076 gas port pushes an A5H3 with a wide variety of 5.56 ammo and Hornady 55gr. Steel TAP.

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    IG-using a Sionics 16" barrel, do you recommend sticking with the a5H2 buffer? I installed a Vltor A5 Receiver Extension today, and am wondering what you'd usually run for an A5 buffer with commercial 223 (PMC bronze, etc). Thanks.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They must of gotten a huge response for the sale they had. I placed my order 20 days ago and it's still listed as backordered. Not a biggie, I have other functioning AR's, was just excited to get this one put together!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostsup View Post
    They must of gotten a huge response for the sale they had. I placed my order 20 days ago and it's still listed as backordered. Not a biggie, I have other functioning AR's, was just excited to get this one put together!
    I just finished building all the sale uppers this mornin. Test firing on Wednesday. Dont forget, we don't work weekends, haha... well I do every so often.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    I just finished building all the sale uppers this mornin. Test firing on Wednesday. Dont forget, we don't work weekends, haha... well I do every so often.
    LOL, I don't work weekends either. Cool, look forward to getting it soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No one works weekends, until they work weekends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    No one works weekends, until they work weekends.
    This.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    IG, when are you guys set to come out with those reduced port 11.5s? And are you planning on doing them in LW too?

Feedback Score
    Be patient ghost. It took them about a month to get my upper completed & shipped out to me. I called twice and spoke to Steve-O. I wasn't being impatient per se, I was just really excited to get it & go try it out. It was my first 11.5" barreled upper. So I can completely understand your position about the excitement.
    They were great, gave me a heads up on the status and when I got it the fit & finish were very nice. Not that we place a tremendous value on that but it sure is a nice bonus.
    Last edited by Malig8r; 12-01-15 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    IG, when are you guys set to come out with those reduced port 11.5s? And are you planning on doing them in LW too?
    +1

I was under the impression that the current barrels already have reduced gas port size?

Now that I think about it; what exactly do you they mean by reduced? From other threads here I remember reading that many, if not most, manufactures started using larger gas port sizes than were used in the past. That most manufacturers that sell to military and civilian tend to use larger gas parts on the civilian versions of the uppers they produce. Obviously this is done to accommodate weaker loads that generally civilian consumers will be shooting.

So with that said, does the "reduced gas port size" mean that these barrels will have the same size gas ports that have been used in the past before manufacturers moved towards larger gas ports?

Or, is the reduced gas port size made to be run with specific suppressor dedicated uppers?

I am close to purchasing a barrel or upper, but I would like as close to a "proper" gas port size as possible. As in what the original dimensions were before companies started catering to weaker loads. With that said I won't be running a suppressor any time soon, but I only shoot 5.56 loads at the moment with some Wold Gold I still haven't tried.

Page 39 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast