Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well shit. Now I have to buy one of these.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    Well shit. Now I have to buy one of these.
    It happens! Make sure you use code GUNSNGEAR for 5% off
    Last edited by Mrgunsngear; 04-13-17 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I don't know if it's by design, usually successful products in the non-LE sector finds its way to PDs, the reverse appears to have happened here. I sure as hell didn't think of it, I'd deem it too risky, LE market can be hard to crack and margin isn't great, but Sionics made it work. I say Josh is a brilliant dude, and hell of a nice guy too
    ^^^^ So true. Seems backwards. Josh is a super guy, and he is bringing a fantastic product to market. He makes you want to support them and see them continue to succeed. The awesome rifles sure help though. Haha.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another thing I like about Sionics is they're not into fashion, lifestyle BS guns and gear, just reliable stuff that works. The market is awash with these garbage, I'm glad they get their due credit and attention.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    Any info on the 18 inch barrels? I've seen the section on the website for a while but it has never had anything under it when I've looked.
    They are on their way. I already have a rifle built off their 18" barrels and helped two buddies set up the same thing, and I'll probably be grabbing one of their new 18" barrels just from the upgrades they've made.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    They are on their way. I already have a rifle built off their 18" barrels and helped two buddies set up the same thing, and I'll probably be grabbing one of their new 18" barrels just from the upgrades they've made.
    What were the specs of the old modems or if you have the specs on the new ones ever better?

1/7, 1/8, midlength or rifle gas, chrome lined or a spr style stainless, etc?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    What were the specs of the old modems or if you have the specs on the new ones ever better?

1/7, 1/8, midlength or rifle gas, chrome lined or a spr style stainless, etc?
    Off the top of my head-
    Old model:
    18" barrel
    Medium contour
    Stainless, bead blasted finish
    2.2 pounds
    223 Wylde chamber
    Rifle length gas system
    1/8 twist
    New model(if I'm tracking):
    Start with old model and add flutes and nitride finish

Should be a winner.

Edit: I should add that this makes for a very smooth cycling set up. I continue to see a lot of wisdom in how they port their barrels. I've been running mine with the A5 system using the A5H3 buffer and it's been working great across a spectrum of commercial ammo and reloads. The last time I did any type of accuracy test I shot 5-shot groups of five different loads and it averaged under 1.2" at 100 yards, and that was with me laying in grass, resting on a front bag. I'm not a benchrest style or good precision shooter. I built mine as a light SPR the would hold under 2 MOA and ring the 8"
    Plate at a 1/4 mile in my inefficient hands, and it does that with aplomb. Attachment 44883
    Last edited by opngrnd; 04-05-17 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    It happens! Make sure you use code GUNSNGEAR for 10% off
    Crap, placed my order for an OEM upper and then saw this!

Feedback Score
    Had a lower and BCM BCG waiting for an upper. Just bought a Patrol III XL for $532 shipped. Damn good deal on a quality upper. Thanks for the coupon code discount. Can't wait to run it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any eta on 11.5 reduced port barrels? Using one of these on my next upper. I signed up to be notified.

Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast