Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd unmarked bolt carrier in new Colt 6920

Feedback Score

Odd unmarked bolt carrier in new Colt 6920

I just field stripped my new Colt 6920. I found the bolt carrier interesting. It is full auto M16 style (no surprise) however, no "C" mark. There is a nice peen mark from a hardness test in the rear and great staking of the gas key, but no C marking anywhere. Also, the bolt is marked "MPD" for Diemaco I assume. Anyone else seen this?

My other 6920 has the "C' on the carrier and "MPC" on the bolt. Just found it interesting, quality seems exactly the same. The upper on this rifle does not have a "C' either. Below the carry handle on the left is the keyhole mark, and to the right it has the Diemaco "D" symbol. It is marked M4 at the front under carry handle and has the T markings. The lower is out of Hartford, Conn, not Canada. The barrel is stamped C MP appropriately.

FYI, this dealer I bought it from is one of my best friends and holds an outstanding reputation, so I know it's legit. Anyone else have a 6920 like this? My other one with the C markings is of the same Colt order. The fit and finish on both are simply outstanding, not rough like everyone says about Colts. This Colt came with all the standard accessories, labeled box and plastic VCI type bag.

I just find the unmarked M16 carrier odd. I even looked under a magnifyer, no markings. The peen mark at the top rear is odd to. It's a pronounced punch mark. I can only assume a hardness test?

In any case, I lke the rifle. BOth of these 6920's are obviously well made and put together.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I saw a new 6920 last year that had a light gray color Diemaco M16 carrier, interestingly enough the upper receiver had a C and a Cerro forging mark.
    The Diemaco carrier was lightly marked with the Diemaco symbol on the left side where the C would be. I've seen a few 6920 uppers that have the Diemaco mark on the upper receiver.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I saw a new 6920 last year that had a light gray color Diemaco M16 carrier, interestingly enough the upper receiver had a C and a Cerro forging mark.
    The Diemaco carrier was lightly marked with the Diemaco symbol on the left side where the C would be. I've seen a few 6920 uppers that have the Diemaco mark on the upper receiver.
    Interesting, so they are out there. I guess the thing I'm most curious about is the lack of markings on the carrier, and the hardness test evident by the pronounced peen mark on the top rear of the carrier.

I heard the Diemaco marking was hard to see, so I looked under magnification and no marking. Do you folks agree the punch mark is a hardness test on this carrier? I've seen hundreds of bolt carriers both in and out of the military and never noticed the punch mark.

Going by the fact I have a Candian upper receiver and bolt, I can only assume this is a Canadian carrier as well, just unmarked. It's color is a close match to the MPD marked bolt. In any case....these Colt's are nice weapons.

I need to get out there and shoot this thing.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The only thing consistant about Colt is inconsistancy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Diemaco bolt carrier group below, this one from a batch of 6520s. Also seen in a mid-2007 6920.

jar420- Does your bolt have numbers below the MPD?

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Diemaco bolt carrier group below, this one from a batch of 6520s. Also seen in a mid-2007 6920.

jar420- Does your bolt have numbers below the MPD?

Well, my bolt is identical to yours, numbers and all. However, I wish I had your carrier. I have the Franken carrier, unmarked with the huge punch mark in the rear. Not sure about my carrier, I may call Colt tomorrow to confirm it's one of theirs. I suppose the Carrier could have been messed with/swapped before arriving at my shop.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Your carrier doesn't have a punch mark at the top of the rear half does it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jar420 View Post
    Well, my bolt is identical to yours, numbers and all. However, I wish I had your carrier. I have the Franken carrier, unmarked with the huge punch mark in the rear. Not sure about my carrier, I may call Colt tomorrow to confirm it's one of theirs. I suppose the Carrier could have been messed with/swapped before arriving at my shop.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Your carrier doesn't have a punch mark at the top of the rear half does it?

If your gun was new, and in all the proper packaging, it's probably a legit carrier. You're more likely to see people raid your bolt, buffer, or FCG than the bolt carrier.

I don't recall if the punch mark is there or not. I've seen what you're talking about, but can't tell you on which guns or when. I'll look when I see the Diemaco guns again.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Sounds good, and good point about the bolt carrier not being a hot item for robbing, I didn't really look at it that way. Thanks again for the help!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Your gun is factory.

I've seen another few carrier that have that dimple on the rear.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Your gun is factory.

I've seen another few carrier that have that dimple on the rear.
    Thanks Scott!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast