I just field stripped my new Colt 6920. I found the bolt carrier interesting. It is full auto M16 style (no surprise) however, no "C" mark. There is a nice peen mark from a hardness test in the rear and great staking of the gas key, but no C marking anywhere. Also, the bolt is marked "MPD" for Diemaco I assume. Anyone else seen this?

My other 6920 has the "C' on the carrier and "MPC" on the bolt. Just found it interesting, quality seems exactly the same. The upper on this rifle does not have a "C' either. Below the carry handle on the left is the keyhole mark, and to the right it has the Diemaco "D" symbol. It is marked M4 at the front under carry handle and has the T markings. The lower is out of Hartford, Conn, not Canada. The barrel is stamped C MP appropriately.

FYI, this dealer I bought it from is one of my best friends and holds an outstanding reputation, so I know it's legit. Anyone else have a 6920 like this? My other one with the C markings is of the same Colt order. The fit and finish on both are simply outstanding, not rough like everyone says about Colts. This Colt came with all the standard accessories, labeled box and plastic VCI type bag.

I just find the unmarked M16 carrier odd. I even looked under a magnifyer, no markings. The peen mark at the top rear is odd to. It's a pronounced punch mark. I can only assume a hardness test?

In any case, I lke the rifle. BOth of these 6920's are obviously well made and put together.