Thread: G17 Slide binding, new connector

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

G17 Slide binding, new connector

I recently had a Scherer connector installed on my Gen 4 17.

When the guy gave it back to me gave it back to me, naturally I racked the slide to feel theh new trigger.... The slide was binding pretty bad. It almost felt like the recoil spring was catching on something.

It was OBVIOUS that something was wrong with it.

I asked him what was up with it and he grabbed the gun and continuously racked it over and over, really hard.

He tells me there is nothing wrong with it and this "is what Glocks feel like"

I own two 17s. A Gen II and a Gen 4. And it didnt feel like this before I gave it to him.

He was offended that I would ask what was wrong with my gun and took it back.

The next day I get it back....it felt fine, He tells me that there was nothing wrong with it and it was the same as the day before and got ALL defensive.

Ridiculous.

So I tried duplicating the problem, any thoughts on what it was?

Are the Scherer connectors compatible with Gen 4s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a Scherer 3.5 in my g4 g17.

The gen4's, when new have had "sticking" issues, from my personal experience. I have 3 gen4, a 19, 17 and 21. Each one of them had "sticking" issues after a detail clean and still do, somewhat. My g19 has thousands of rounds through it and has worked most of them out, my g17 has the least amount of rounds and I can feel the sticking issue going away.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I run Scherer connectors in all of my generation 4 guns.

The only gun that exhibited any oddities after installation was my 19. I experienced the exact same thing you did.

The angle on the connector was off in the trigger housing. I bent the connector inward and boom, problem solved.

There is excess pressure against the slide if the connector has the wrong angle on it.

Your gunsmith is a tard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It has never done it before. I have somewhere around 1k rounds through it.

This is EXACTLY why I dont let anyone touch my guns.

I will try bending it and see what happens. Thanks
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I run Scherer connectors in all of my generation 4 guns.

The only gun that exhibited any oddities after installation was my 19. I experienced the exact same thing you did.

The angle on the connector was off in the trigger housing. I bent the connector inward and boom, problem solved.

There is excess pressure against the slide if the connector has the wrong angle on it.

Your gunsmith is a tard.
    You know what Im talking about right! You know the amount of effort it takes when it sticks....how could ANYONE that shoots a Glock think thats normal??

Instagram Dangertastic

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    You know what Im talking about right! You know the amount of effort it takes when it sticks....how could ANYONE that shoots a Glock think thats normal??
    Guess its more than I was talking about.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have had the same problem with a ghost and lone wolf connectors. They just sit in the parts bin now and I returned to original parts.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I had the same issue here.

Simple bend on the connector and problem went away.
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 06-02-12 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There is a cam on the inside edge of the back of the slide that works agains the tab on the top of the connector. This is likely where it is binding.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.