Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The most influential pistols of the 20th century

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This. Glock was not even born when men were storming beaches and going into harms way in nasty places all over the globe with 1911 and like the shark, it's design changes very little over all that time for a reason... One can debate design differences, but influence in the 20th century on handgun design, etc? The others are a distant second.
    Neither was the internet, but we all agree it is likely in the top 5 of most important inventions this century. My nod goes to the Glock 17, clearly evolutionized/revolutionized the handgun industry. JMB merely built a better mousetrap for the time.

Feedback Score
    I also think MilitaryArms nailed it with those top four handgun designs but I would stretch it to five and add the Luger as it was the first reliable and relatively compact semiauto handgun. And mainly because it gave us the 9mm Luger cartridge.
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I agree. Add the Luger and you are done.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I can see a case made for choosing the Walther PP over the P38, but overall as real service pistols are concerned I agree 100% with your four choices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123