Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN SPR - a second winner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I'm on my way to work up a 1k load for a match tomorrow. I can't quite get the velocity I need safely with Varget, so I picked up some RL15. Where I am right now is 45gr Varget, Lapua case, CCI BR2 primer, 178gr AMAX, COAL of 2.820" gives me 2700 fps, which is plenty, and no pressure signs, but the accuracy isn't there - and it's going to be hotter than hell tomorrow, so I'm sure what was safe at 80 degrees isn't going to be at 95.
    95 is a nice day here!

I like shooting at the outdoor range in the middle of the day when it is 110 plus. It really cuts down on the crowds and retards.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I'm on my way to work up a 1k load for a match tomorrow. I can't quite get the velocity I need safely with Varget, so I picked up some RL15. Where I am right now is 45gr Varget, Lapua case, CCI BR2 primer, 178gr AMAX, COAL of 2.820" gives me 2700 fps, which is plenty, and no pressure signs, but the accuracy isn't there - and it's going to be hotter than hell tomorrow, so I'm sure what was safe at 80 degrees isn't going to be at 95.
    Groups matter more than speed and I would suspect your talking about little more than 100 FPS. Ditch the Varget and try some R15 or even better some N140.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12