Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt life question.

Feedback Score
    Sir, not to go too far off topic, but please let me know what you think of this (it's in Swedish): Funktionsprincip AR-15.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    got a translated copy?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    Sir, not to go too far off topic, but please let me know what you think of this (it's in Swedish): Funktionsprincip AR-15.
    If you were referring to me, it looked good, both translation and content.

I have seen the original post in english, so to me it looked spot on.

Feedback Score
    Clint,

I'm at a stag party right now, but in the opening paragraph there are two hotlinks pointing to the original thread at arf.com. However, there is some additional info that I added to this document to further explain the DI system.

Tatatatatatapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    .. in the opening paragraph there are two hotlinks pointing to the original thread at arf.com.
    Actually, there was just one link - this: http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=256

Feedback Score
    I read the first 3 pages including some of the technical analysis post...di vs piston bolt life - ignore it, just buy a stag, either piston or di. Shoot it til the bolt breaks then send it in for a free bolt. Lifetime warranty. Problem solved!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markasaurus View Post
    I read the first 3 pages including some of the technical analysis post...di vs piston bolt life - ignore it, just buy a stag, either piston or di. Shoot it til the bolt breaks then send it in for a free bolt. Lifetime warranty. Problem solved!
    Yeah good luck with that. Ill stick with the more proven guys.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    wow, lot of info

I had an overgassed AR as my demo unit, the bolt had made it about 15k. I shoot primarily crappy ammo so overgassed on that is probably closer to normal operating/unlocking pressures.

I was having some issues with a piston gun so I substituted the DI AR bolt with heavy mileage. It sheared a lug off the top of the bolt very quickly. This upper was having a true bind issue from the oprod. The extension had already been filed to a mouth and it was still getting carrier hits on the sharp edge meaning the carrier was possibly getting near outside the od of the tube.

not real conclusive but there is an additional mode of stress on the bolt lugs for a piston weapon with loser tolerances, if it were nicely supported and no tilt then they would be more equal

Feedback Score
    I find these technical discussions very interesting. I don't know enough about this except to know i can't comment on bolt life. I have a spare bolt and i own a Stag with lifetime warranty....so with any luck i won't have a bolt problem that will cost me much to fix

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine bought a JP CTR-02 about two years back. He's been using it for IPSC Rifle, and during the Nordic Championships this weekend the bolt split into two. The round count is about 7000. $187 later he had a JP EnhancedBolt as a replacement. JP claims a bolt life of 60,000 rounds for these babies. What's your experience? Does anyone have a document round count for one of these bolts that surpass 20k?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast