Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT CQBPS16

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You guys that get MRPs as your very first AR are pretty much ruined.....i ran 6520s (1 kiss/1 optics ready conv.) happily until I got my first MRP, at which point for myself at least I stopped looking at anything else...pretty sure I'll run MRPs til their being removed from hopefully my wrinkled old dead hands

While I won't tell OP to go Search Off.....I will recommend that the best way to learn about the rifles in question is to simply do a search on here, then read the MRP BADNESS threads on the kiddie site, and then top it off with a google session. There was a time when MRP info was next to nothing on the web a few yrs. ago, but now a search will yield all you want to know and perhaps more.

eta....great pic dohc, you can spot the talented photographers on M4C usually by just looking at their watermarks. One of these days I might get me one of those nifty things in my pics

Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-09-12 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    I was very lucky in getting an LMT CQB MRP (DI) for my first AR15, and after discovering this forum, BOY did I make the right choice! My 18" LMT SS barrel finally arrived & I had a chance to do my first barrel swap - 2 minutes later I had a 2nd rifle. While I don't plan on any caliber changes yet, the option of using the 18" SS barrel for longer range bench stuff & using the 16" barrel for HD, SHTF really appealed to me right from the beginning. For me, the only thing I needed to do with the stock LMT was to change the trigger to an SSA-E & buy as much ammo as my wallet could afford.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    MWC...I've shot a 18" SS barrel now for 3-4 yrs. solid, and it has shown no signs of letting it's uber accuracy go. The single cut/hand lapped Rock 5R SS MRP barrels are perhaps the finest crafted barrels I've seen with detail. My 5R SS barrels take like a patch to be cleaned...and that was since day 1. Hopefully your new one will give you as much as mine has.

I'm curious however if your 18" you just got came in the "LMT blackened" finish like all the MWS SS barrel options come in?

Also can you tell me the imprinted specs on yours? And does it have a star marking in the chamber?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    MWC...I've shot a 18" SS barrel now for 3-4 yrs. solid, and it has shown no signs of letting it's uber accuracy go. The single cut/hand lapped Rock 5R SS MRP barrels are perhaps the finest crafted barrels I've seen with detail. My 5R SS barrels take like a patch to be cleaned...and that was since day 1. Hopefully your new one will give you as much as mine has.

I'm curious however if your 18" you just got came in the "LMT blackened" finish like all the MWS SS barrel options come in?

Also can you tell me the imprinted specs on yours? And does it have a star marking in the chamber?

Thanks in advance
    Trident - Mine came in straight stainless finish with only the following marked on the top rear of the barrel - "MP SPR 1/7 SS".
    I can get a pic up later if you want, but it's 90 degrees here in downtown Cleveburg so I'm spending the day in the pool drinking Bombay Saphire & tonic.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    here's my 16" SS MRP barrel I recv'd last Thursday from LMT with a new LMT Rifle Length upper.

Still made by Mike Rock?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Outstanding gentlemen...sometimes a good forum can deliver exact answers that were requested, and on top of it do it in mins. or hours.

Seeing that both you guys got Rock 5R SS models makes me feel warm and fuzzy again about this topic...might not last forever, but for today at least all is right with the monolithic universe

So many unique aspects of the MRP barrel, be it the angled drilled gas ports, superbly designed super lopro proprietary gas block, the unique perfectly straight gas tubes that index into the chassis, but having them being always spun by Mike Rock is perhaps the biggest advantage to the MRP barrel. As usual I got caught rambling on about MRPs

Thanks guys for that info, and it's awesome to see you both get a real piece of fine china with those two barrels. I have copious amts. of accuracy evals. on tons of factory .223/5.56 ammo through both the 16" and 18" models, as well as a significant amt. of velocity data on them. Feel free to hit me up and I'll hook you up with all that data.

eta...hell Ride, I just saw that you got that sweet stretch pic'd above. Seriously, nothing like a stretch! Congrats, and next time let a brother know instead of shock and awing me.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-10-12 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks Trident!! You're info and PM's have been priceless. I agree.. The stretch is fantastic! I'll be SBR'ing the CQB length soon, then it's all rifle length for me. I'm a believer!

What are the markings that designate the barrels as being a Mike Rock product? The star?

Feedback Score
    Trident, Ride, MWC4 and others

Thanks so much for the feedback and info that y'all have provided here. Think I've made up my mind one an LMT!!!!

Thanks
    Matt

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the MRP owners here are always helpful!

I got a rifle length MRP earlier this year, but I've too busy to run it yet. I ordered a red dot for it this week and hope to run the gun in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    TRIDENT82 since you seem to be the authority on the MRP platform, do you have any idea on when the LM8's are going to hit the market and if/when they will offer a stretch chassis?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-10-12 at 17:59.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast