Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT CQBPS16

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was in a shop near me a couple of weeks ago and they had an LM8 and an LM8MWS.

Feedback Score
    Only negative I have heard about the MRP platform is added weight... is it noticeable in the handling?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_accuser View Post
    I was in a shop near me a couple of weeks ago and they had an LM8 and an LM8MWS.
    Well thats good news, my local lmt dealer keeps saying he will be lucky to get one in by the fall.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Dealer I bought mine from in Grand Rapids Michigan had just gotten 5 or 6 MRP's in the day before I picked mine up. He already had 3 or 4 other LMT's in stock.

As far as weight goes it's a tad heavier than my buddy's DD Middy, but not enough to affect it's usefulness :-)

Fetep

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazwell View Post
    Only negative I have heard about the MRP platform is added weight... is it noticeable in the handling?
    The 16" piston barrel is a bit front heavy but other than that its no more heavy than most rifles. Nothing a MAN cant handle
    Last edited by ICANHITHIMMAN; 06-11-12 at 14:42.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    The 16" piston barrel is a bit front heavy but other than that its no more heavy than most rifles. Nothing a MAN cant handle
    Lol.. guess I'll need one for each hand then.

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, the LMT is the most versatile ar out there. I don't do barrel swaps much but when I do, it can be done in a couple of minutes very easily and you have something different to shoot. Right now, I have the 10.5di, 12in piston and the 16in mrp. All in the cqb. I would love to get one of the 16 or 18in stainless barrels to swap out but have not gotten it in yet. It is on order but where I ordered it from has been out of stock for awhile now. Might have to cancel and buy one of the new used ones I see on the ee occasionly. Anyways, I love mine and if I had to keep just one or two of my ar's, the LMT's would be the ones I would have from now on. The 10.5 would be the one out of all of them that I would keep forever. Very accurate and point ability is incredible. I got a TB 30BA to put on it and it works great.

Feedback Score
    Picked my LM8 up from the dealer last week. Already broke a barrel bolt but I know what I did wrong now. New ones are en route from LMT. Now we just need Impact Weapon Systems to come out with some LM8 accessories (hand stops, light mounts, sling mounts, etc.).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Picked my LM8 up from the dealer last week. Already broke a barrel bolt but I know what I did wrong now. New ones are en route from LMT. Now we just need Impact Weapon Systems to come out with some LM8 accessories (hand stops, light mounts, sling mounts, etc.).
    Seriously Phil....did you honestly forget to post pics to rattle my cage??

This is one occasion where a bunch of pics of a rifle is very much warranted and informative by itself.......LMT being cool guys that they always are doesn't even have glamor pics of their LM8 line.

Damn I bet that chassis is in a league of it's own in terms of the machining and overall finish. So many reasons why these are at the top of my list to name them, but suffice to say that you sir are one lucky bastard at this moment in time....please enjoy that rifle for the both of us

Feedback Score
    Thought I'd throw up a few more photos - here's the 16" & 18" barrels

What the 18" barrel looks like on my gun,

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast