Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT CQBPS16

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWC4 View Post
    Thought I'd throw up a few more photos - here's the 16" & 18" barrels

What the 18" barrel looks like on my gun,

Finaly I have the pic I wanted it only took 2+ years thank you so much it does not look even close to as bad as I had thought. Oh ya and OP your not in the club till we see proof and enven then its conditional.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Picked my LM8 up from the dealer last week. Already broke a barrel bolt but I know what I did wrong now. New ones are en route from LMT. Now we just need Impact Weapon Systems to come out with some LM8 accessories (hand stops, light mounts, sling mounts, etc.).
    Been down this road it SUCKS! I got me a bunch of replacements and a new wrench, **** the supplied wrench. Its not good to leave a torque wrench loaded and they tape and set it for you. Which means they have a skidmoor they are setting them all on before they ship them out. The torque setting are not repeatable when you dial up the values due to the substandard nature of the wrench. Thus you have a loaded wrench and the torque values will decline over time.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Alright guys, here she is. No sights, lights, or weapon control accessories yet. Just some Magpul furniture. I'm hoping Impact Weapon Components comes out with some stuff soon.

The machining is fantastic. The handguard is so small, it's easy to wrap your entire hand around it. The only negative thing I can say is that the upper had to go back to the mothership briefly because the dust cover wouldn't stay closed. Also, I did break a bolt during one of the first barrel removals. LMT took good care of me though.

Oh, and the 10.5" barrel is pretty sweet too.

Last edited by AggiePhil; 06-12-12 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sweet mother of pearl....hell I don't have words for what these new LM8s will be in about 6-8 months once some folks kit them totally out. Hopefully here soon I'll start off about a 2 year period of exclusive LM8 exploration. Starting about 3 months ago all my AR pennies have gone/will go exclusively towards my end game...LM8 twins (LM8 MWS/ LM8 MRP).

Imagine how many L129A1/MWS rifles LMT has had to produce every day over the last 6 months or so in order to have absolutely zero resources or abilities to launch what will be such a special, and one of a kind rifle in due time.

Sorry to hear about your dust cover issue...and scanning for MRP talk daily it appears that LMT screwed the pooch and did this one particular wrong machine work on both the standard MRP CQB/Stretch chassis, and now from your report....the LM8 CQB chassis. No doubt I'm sure it's all fixed, but I can't remember the last time LMT screwed up several rifles like this. I've seen a number of MRPs over the years including one or two of my own that had dust covers that were real PITAs to close, and require slight sanding of the detent/pin.

Thanks very much for those great pics, and again congrats pal. I'd pay to see a 10.5" in that chassis...just tossing a little offer out there
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-13-12 at 02:33.

Feedback Score
    Thanks man. Your photos and praises are one of the main reasons I latched onto the MRP. It wasn't my first choice, initially. The 10.5" barrel will go in once I do the paperwork. For now though, I'm trying to save up for lots of accessories. Aimpoint T-1, Surefire light, pressure switch, Gasbuster CH, BAD lever, sling, irons, handstops, etc. Lots of work to do...

Feedback Score
    I own the 16" MRP Piston.

I've shot between 13k - 15k rounds through this weapon. Mostly Tula, Brown Bear, and Wolf. It is hands down, the most reliable weapon I own - even out performs my AK clones.

I don't really care much about the barrel swap option, as I shoot only .223/5.56 through this weapon. Removing the barrel does make it easier to clean all the gunk left over from a case or so of dirty Russian ammo.

Beware of the provided torque wrench that is shipped with the weapon. It is complete junk. Those barrel bolts are designed to snap if overtorqued (as to not ruin the upper) and I've snapped a couple when the provided wrench did not "click" at 140 in/lbs. I bought a Snap-On wrench which works much better.

I did have some carrier tilt issues early in the life of the gun. If you search TOS's piston forums, you will find my post and pictures of the issue. The carrier tilt managed to knock the buffer retaining pin out of the lower and lock up the gun. I replaced the tube, retaining pin, and installed one of Slash's anti-tilt buffers which solved the problem. Most other users don't have problems with carrier tilt, so It leaves me wondering that if my M&P 15 lower is the cause.

Groups are 1" at 100 yards with Hornady Steel Match 75gr. Recoil feels the same as its DI counterparts.

My favorite thing about this gun is that it can digest any ammo that it is fed. Even mixing brass/steel won't stop the LMT. None of my DI weapons can even compare when it comes to reliabily shooting crappy ammo.
    Last edited by afroney; 06-20-12 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Alright guys, here she is. No sights, lights, or weapon control accessories yet. Just some Magpul furniture. I'm hoping Impact Weapon Components comes out with some stuff soon.

The machining is fantastic. The handguard is so small, it's easy to wrap your entire hand around it. The only negative thing I can say is that the upper had to go back to the mothership briefly because the dust cover wouldn't stay closed. Also, I did break a bolt during one of the first barrel removals. LMT took good care of me though.

Oh, and the 10.5" barrel is pretty sweet too.

That's awesome. Hell of a product there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    The 16" piston barrel is a bit front heavy but other than that its no more heavy than most rifles. Nothing a MAN cant handle
    I installed a Magpul UBR stock to fix that issue. Heavy ass barrel, meet heavy ass stock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sweet mother of pearl....hell I don't have words for what these new LM8s will be in about 6-8 months once some folks kit them totally out. Hopefully here soon I'll start off about a 2 year period of exclusive LM8 exploration. Starting about 3 months ago all my AR pennies have gone/will go exclusively towards my end game...LM8 twins (LM8 MWS/ LM8 MRP).

Imagine how many L129A1/MWS rifles LMT has had to produce every day over the last 6 months or so in order to have absolutely zero resources or abilities to launch what will be such a special, and one of a kind rifle in due time.

Sorry to hear about your dust cover issue...and scanning for MRP talk daily it appears that LMT screwed the pooch and did this one particular wrong machine work on both the standard MRP CQB/Stretch chassis, and now from your report....the LM8 CQB chassis. No doubt I'm sure it's all fixed, but I can't remember the last time LMT screwed up several rifles like this. I've seen a number of MRPs over the years including one or two of my own that had dust covers that were real PITAs to close, and require slight sanding of the detent/pin.

Thanks very much for those great pics, and again congrats pal. I'd pay to see a 10.5" in that chassis...just tossing a little offer out there
    I literally just got home from picking up an MRP. One thing I noticed is that the dust cover won't latch closed. As you say above, should I try to sand the detent or contact LMT? Does it matter that I purchased from a private citizen? I have never dealt with LMT CS, are they good?
    And to throw it out there, got the MRP, 5 PMAGS, 500 rounds of XM193, LMT aluminum mag, sling (nothing fancy), Magpul VFG all for $2200.... Good deal?
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 02-09-13 at 09:04.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I'd pay to see a 10.5" in that chassis...just tossing a little offer out there
    You mean like this...?

Yes, I realize it doesn't have sights or a charging handle (put them on a different upper). I'm also wondering if Impact Weapons Components is ever going to release accessories for the LM8.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast