Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are people buying their ammo these days?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Where are people buying their ammo these days?

For mail order ammo where are you guys going these days?

I have used Cheaper Than Dirt and The Ammoman in the past. I am also looking at Ammo To Go and SGA. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Personally, I like Palmetto State Armory.
    "We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
    Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What kind of ammo are you looking for? Rifle or Pistol? Training or Defense?

For rifle training ammo, I've been buying 1200 round cases of IMI XM193 from Wideners (http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|845). Good stuff, and it's about $0.28 per round shipped.

For pistol training ammo, lately I've been hitting up Palmetto State Armory. They have 9mm 115gr Federal Champion for $9.99 per 50.

As far as defense ammo, I look for whoever has what I want in stock, and at the lowest price. I (fortunately) don't use a lot of SD ammo, so I haven't purchased it in a while.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    for plinking rounds I use gun-deals.com to find the best prices.

If you looking for SD/HD ammo, SGAmmo and AmmoToGo usually have a good selection of LE stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll second SGAmmo for SD rounds. They usually have very good pricing and the good stuff in stock.

I've also used Ammunitiontogo in the past for SD round had had a good experience, but they seem to be out of stock of what I want recently.

Aside from SD rounds, my guns havn't seen a round factory ammunition since 2008 (except in 7.62X39).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WEC View Post
    Personally, I like Palmetto State Armory.
    I agree and also recommend Natchez.
    Palmetto has lower shipping costs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get most of my stuff from aim surplus. wolf for training at 19 cents a round and privi match 69/75 grain for less than 40 cents a round competition etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Mcarthy
    I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is- I believe it's the shoulder thing that goes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialmonagamist
    There's no need to shoot a bear over a bluff charge, for the same reason you don't shoot every douchebag you see in a Tapout shirt.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Cheaperthandirt
    Wideners
    Ammunitiontogo
    PSA

Feedback Score
    www.glensoutdoors.com

had some good luck with Glens outdoors in addition to most of the websites mentioned already.

Just have to constantly be checking and wait for a deal, it pays to have a stockpile
    Last edited by sevy316; 01-16-12 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadyUp View Post
    For rifle training ammo, I've been buying 1200 round cases of IMI XM193 from Wideners (http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|845). Good stuff, and it's about $0.28 per round shipped.
    Awesome - just ordered 2400 rounds.

I usually buy from Palmetto with excursions to cheaper than dirt, ammo to go, and a few others. Just ordered 500 rounds of 9mm Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP (RA9T) from SGammo. They've got a good selection of HD/SD rounds.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast