Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPDATE<>Need some help on Gov't .45s.................

Feedback Score
    All the later SA 1911 pistols use the small diameter firing pin made of titanium with a very heavy fp spring. I am not sure at what point they made the change.

Billy
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesty0311 View Post
    Ghost I'd be willing to bet you would find most 1911's are not built to the same specs as JB started out with. Springfield does their grip safety a different size than most othres and you only have a couple choices *without welding* if you want to fit a different on on your pistol.

I'm thinking about sending the slide out to get sights installed and a new barrel fit. If I go another route and end up selling the slide I will give you first crack. I'd be willing to swap out or sell the following GI parts.

Thumb Safety, grip safety, hammer (no strut but pin included), trigger, barrel (no link), bushing, magazine release and Arched MSH (complete). Let me know if your interested. Pistol has a less than 50 rounds and was built in 88 in the US.

S/F
    Check your PMs........
    Sent you an email also...
    Last edited by TheGhostRider; 01-19-08 at 20:37. Reason: cuz i could......
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12