Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What company loads the most accurate/consistent rounds? .223/5.56 SMK 69gr./77gr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Helen Keller could load ammo better than BLACK HILLS. I've never found ONE thing those clowns do good.
    I've found about 823,000 things that those clowns at Black Hills Ammunition have done RIGHT. From training and duty ammo to precision in multiple calibers. I may have had good luck over the years, but it has been very consistent.
    Avatar = Comparison between standard and high capacity clips.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Why do they have the contact for Mk262 and 5.56 optimized brown tip if they were such clowns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    I've found about 823,000 things that those clowns at Black Hills Ammunition have done RIGHT. From training and duty ammo to precision in multiple calibers. I may have had good luck over the years, but it has been very consistent.
    All I can tell you is my personal experience... here's a few things I've found.... just off the top of my head...

We/I have guaged Black Hills ammo with all the toys you use to make precision ammo. And I've never come across one single thing they do good.

Bullet runout? .007-.009 on 308 "match" ammo.

Primer seating depth? We had rounds that wouldn't fire in Papabear's Rem 700 .308 because the primers were too deep.

We tried weight sorting their "MATCH" 300 Win Mag brass and the variances were crazy compared to REAL quality brass. Norma, RWS, LaPua, etc.

I don't know who makes their brass, but on the 300 WM brass, the primer pockets are loose after two firings. Why bother annealing the crap?

I haven't measured their powder charge weights... simply because when I get some Black Hills ammo, I don't have time... I just pull the bullets and make good ammo out of it.

The only thing that they seem to DO RIGHT at black hills is load GOOD BULLETs. I'll give them credit for that. It's the one thing that masks all the other sloppy work in their ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You can't really say things like light bullets are always more accurate at 100 yards or heavies are. It really depends on your load and your gun. My Noveske does about the same with 52 grain Hornady Match bullets as it does with 77 grain SMK and Nosler bullets between 1 moa and 1.2. Now my Larue Stealth likes the heavies better and go figure the Noveske is a 1/7 gun and the Larue is a 1/8. The Larue will shoot 77 grain bullets .65 moa for me while the light bullets that do well in the Noveske are 1.2 to 1.5 moa in the Larue. I use both in matches.
    Full disclosure my best 5 shot group I have ever fired I did the other day with 52 grain Hornady bullets (reloads)
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 08-30-12 at 01:14.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    You can't really say things like light bullets are always more accurate at 100 yards or heavies are. It really depends on your load and your gun. My Noveske does about the same with 52 grain Hornady Match bullets as it does with 77 grain SMK and Nosler bullets between 1 moa and 1.2.
    Nice. Yep. I can remember Pappabears ARs shooting those 52 grainers very accurately.

We didn't have precision set ups to really ring out the load... mostly ACOGs and stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Nice. Yep. I can remember Pappabears ARs shooting those 52 grainers very accurately.

We didn't have precision set ups to really ring out the load... mostly ACOGs and stuff.
    I fired that in my three gun rifle from bags at 100 yards with the scope on 6x.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123