Thread: Geissele Automatic's new SMR MK1 m4 rail....13" & 15"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Geissele Automatic's new SMR MK1 m4 rail....13" & 15"

Hi gents,

I wanted to go ahead and start this thread due to the fact that these rails are expected to be going hot any day now, and while the buzz surrounding them is certainly palpable....actual info, specs, availability, etc. on them is almost non exisitant thus far. Another thing to note is this first rail I got today I'm sure is now in the category of prototype as it doesn't have the product name on it, nor does it have the built in QD cups. So at any rate, over the next few weeks, you can expect a three part review of these rails from my end, but I wanted to let some of you whom I knew were chomping at the bit for info to get a little more understanding.

Part 1: First look....Geissele's new SMR MK1 m4 rail

This will be the portion I'm posting tonight, and while I hate to direct you guys to a youtube video which I only like to use in my threads as supplemental resources, this almost 10min. long video in full 1080p true HD I believe really depicts the impeccable machine work and top coat finishing on these rails, and more importantly it will serve as a visual guide as to some of the unique things about this rail rather than just trying to verbally type it out.

Part 2: Complete install tutorial via both pictorial instructions in this thread, as well as an install video on youtube. I will be including lots of advice directly from Bill G in this part as well. Lastly I will give overviews of the rifle or rifles I will be building directly around at least one of these rails if not two.

Part 3: Final field and range evaluations and tests....I will be using these rails for light precision builds, and one of these rifles might just have three GA in house core components in it, and the third potential GA component is a pretty darn big deal in my book when it comes to launching MK262 at distances beyond 600-700yds. If this component comes in, there will be copious amounts of factory ammo evals, associated velocity data with them, and LR shooting results.

PART 1: First look

Youtube video....

First look....Geissele's new SMR MK1 m4 rail

ETA...see better thread for info on these rails:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...91#post1521091
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-26-13 at 15:20.