Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Automatic's new SMR MK1 m4 rail....13" & 15"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedoooom View Post
    For review pictures, I suggest you not blow out the highlights and make a matte rail look glossy.
    I agree. I have noticed all of Tridents gun pics have a glossy look. At first I thought it was just the finish on a couple of his rifles but MOE grips aren't glossy.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I thought it was armor all or something like that and I think it looks good but probably not good for a detailed review.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't mean to be a troll, but...

I can understand why a rail like this is much needed on the HK416, but what does system bring to ARs that others do not? The Troy/VTAC Alpha, KAC URX III, DD MFR, and Noveske NSR do everything this will do, and then some.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post

I can understand why a rail like this is much needed on the HK416, but what does system bring to ARs that others do not? The Troy/VTAC Alpha, KAC URX III, DD MFR, and Noveske NSR do everything this will do, and then some.
    Its a natural evolution for Geissele to build an AR rail. They really have no more room for improvement in triggers.

Mostly though its probably the HK416 version was well received and probably got pestered if a AR version would come out.
    Last edited by Freedoooom; 06-17-12 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post

Trident, good job on the review. Im with Justin here though. With so many foreends just like this one on the market, Id like to know *why* I should buy, what it will do for me, and in what ways does it blow away the already stiff competetion.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm curious, what else do you guys want rails to do? I'm not being confrontational, I just don't get it. You grab onto it and mount shit on it. This rail is just another quality option that carries out the same mundane task. When you're comparing quality rails, it really just comes down to feel and other subjective features. What other major / new features do you really want?

What I'd really like to see (in an ideal world), is an industry wide, standardized upper receiver that allows direct attachment of rails. Kind of like the Larue receivers, but with a rock solid QD point of attachment. That's the next real step. Using the barrel nut point of attachment works, and is obviously the only solution with standard upper receivers, but a direct attachment to the upper allows the barrel to free-float in the truest sense of the word, further reducing the effects of harmonics. It also completely erases the worry of rotation.

Here's a picture of the Larue system, just as an example of what I'm talking about. I'd like to see it made QD, although that's not so important. If VLTOR, for example, came out with a receiver like this and companies started making rails to work with it, then I'd be pretty happy.

Until then, this new Geissele rail, and the many others like it, do all I could ask for with the current system.

Last edited by a0cake; 06-18-12 at 00:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Trident, good job on the review. Im with Justin here though. With so many foreends just like this one on the market, Id like to know *why* I should buy, what it will do for me, and in what ways does it blow away the already stiff competetion.
    Ergonomics: it feels perfect in the hand.

Rock solid lock up: 2.25" length of bearing surface on the bbl nut that the rail centers on and grips. A stock barrel nut has a much shorter gripping surface to support the cantilever loads of a 15" rail

Ease of installation: no indexing of the barrel but needed, ability to get a true torque when tightening the barrel nut

Modularity: broad flexibility where accessory rails can be mounted

Ease of mounting accy rails: two screws and your done, no loose nuts to fool with to try and get lined up. Shear lugs on accy rails take any side loading, not bolts

Mission flexibility: switch rails with different set ups or lengths in just a minute or so.

Backed by the Geissele Above Ground Warranty: as long as I am above ground I will take care of you.

Thanks Trident for posting all this. Fellas, please understand Geissele has no customer service, marketing, IT or sales dept. Trident is helping me get the word out on this new endeavor for us.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's truly my pleasure brother, and we'd rather see you guys keep making great products instead of answering phones, or making pretty marketing brochures.

In regards to disclosure....

1. Geissele Automatics has never once hinted at the fact that I should post material in regards to their products on M4C...or any other forum for that matter.

Let me stress this....I received the rail from GA to test out, not market their product, so by extension the only reason this thread exists is because I thought some in the M4C community might want to learn about these new rails as information becomes available. This thread will at least help myself keep it organized and up to date.

2. I've never in the past, nor do I currently work for GA....or receive compensation for the opinion I hold and sometimes express in regards to GA and their products. Plain and simple...we're great friends and nothing more.

SPECS:

Naked rail measurements....

W: 1.7565"
    H: 2.2640"

Non-naked (acc. railed) rail measurements....

W: 2.3005"
    H: 2.5270"

ID: 1.3125"

OAL: 13"

Weight: (will be confirming these both on my own with different scales, as well as when GA sends me their weights.)

Weight naked (no acc. rail panels): 1.21lbs

Weight with three acc. rail panels: 1.34lbs

ETA:

Until GA gets all their distributors up and running....these rails will be sold initially only through Geissele Automatics.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-19-12 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    Geissele tell you if these will fit say the Adams Arms piston kit?

Feedback Score
    Trident is the weight you listed without the barrel nut?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast