Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geissele Automatic's new SMR MK1 m4 rail....13" & 15"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm not sure in regards to the piston kits, but I'll see about finding out for you.

dhena81....apologies for not specifying that, both weights listed above include the weight of the barrel nut/cross bolts. So those are...once confirmed...the final weight totals as installed on a rifle.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-20-12 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    It's been a while, but I don't wonder if Geissele picked up the NGA rail since they went under?

Looks like what Mike Pannone was talking about when I was attending his course in March.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Surprise #2.....

This is the package that I really hoped for, but didn't know if/when it would be coming til I received it this morning.

Today I received the SMR Mk1 15" model, along with no doubts one of the nicest match AR barrels I've ever put eyes on....and I'm understating that last part.

Comparative look b/t the 13" and 15" SMR MK1 rails......

Then here is a mystery barrel....

** this barrel is just really something else....I tried to capture the enormous quality on this barrel, but I really don't even think my pics do it justice. Currently I don't have much more to add on this uber premium GA barrel, but count on me trying to get all the info I can on them asap.

The only specs I have at this time are as follows...

"18” SPR profile, cut for the OPS inc suppressor but with an intermediate length gas system. Its in-between rifle and mid length. 1-7 twist, SS, Wylde chamber."

Finally how about a straight money shot!!!

The 15" SMR is going with this new GA uber match 18" SPR barrel....end game here is a long range hitter with copious amounts of precision.

The 13" SMR is going with a Daniel Defense 14.5" CHF LW I ordered from RainerArms...end game here is patrol type ranges, with LW and speed being stressed. And yes for those who know me...your eyes don't fool you, I'm rolling with skinny jeans on this rifle

Hopefully one will be done before this time next week....leaning towards the one that will get me on torso sized steel @ 800yds the fastest.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-22-12 at 16:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Trident-

When possible, any additional information you can provide on the barrel would be helpful such as:

type of SS
    type of rifling
    source(s) for blank(s)
    tolerance for bore concentricity/unformity (+/- x")
    stress relief ?
    lapping?
    air gauging?
    diameter of gas port

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    FDE anodized Colt 6920 with Geissele MKII rail

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234