Thread: Colt Carbines

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Colt Carbines

I'd like to purchase a Colt Carbine that has the utmost interchangeability with my other weapons. My problem???

The codes, the numbering scheme and the parts changes over the years are making my head swim.

Can someone dumb it down for me, so I make the correct choice for my purposes?

Again, I want a carbine that maintains as much interchangability with rifles/ lowers like an LMT Defender 2000.

So can someone help me out???

Feedback Score
    If you get something like, say a Colt 6920 (NFA legal, M4 pattern), the only thing that will not be interchangeable is the FCG since Colt uses a larger pin size on the trigger and hammer pins. Not sure if that's what your asking about though.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Right idea. For instance, I could get an SP1 and my FCG parts would fit, but my front pin would need a screw-in adapter.

Is there a new, or used, Colt lower that has "standard" push pivot pin, standard FCG pins, mag fence, etc???

Or is that unobtanium???

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Biggerhammer.Net

That chart says White Label. What models does that encompass??? Do I place an ad for Colt White Label carbine?

Is that even what would best match a current production carbine from LMT or RRA or CMT??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    Do I place an ad for Colt White Label carbine?

Is that even what would best match a current production carbine from LMT or RRA or CMT??
    Yeah, I kinda thought you weren't asking a "simple" question. Dunno what to say...I'm guessing those "white lablel" Colt's demand a premium.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here is a vote for an SP I or SP II lower with smaller fire control pins and large front hole. Use the Colt (not DPMS; they tend to shear with use) conversion pin. No mag fence, though. Even with a rare (and expensive) White Box, you might have to use a screw or have the mag fence drilled and the front push pin installed. Use your favorite Colt upper built with a small hole on the upper receiver.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner
    Use the Colt (not DPMS; they tend to shear with use) conversion pin. .
    That is correct. That DPMS part is made with the same attention and QC as the rest of their stuff.