Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog lube + cleaning barrel

Feedback Score
    I either pour some FrogLube liquid onto a boresnake and run it through the barrel twice when I get back from the range, or; when at home doing proper cleaning, I pour some FrogLube onto a Dewey brush, then run it through the barrel a few times followed by a wet patch followed by a a dry patch or two.

FrogLube is not a copper solvent, but then I no longer worry about copper in my barrels - it takes care of all the corrosive stuff though.
    Last edited by skullworks; 06-27-12 at 06:04.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again for the replies. All that is kinda what I was thinking, just wanting some verification.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If you have any specific FrogLube questions you an always shoot Iraqgunz a PM. He's my go-to guy for FrogLube stuff.

FWIW I have switched over to only using FrogLube for everything.

I put some on a boresnake and run it through a few times and call it good.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

wtheesfeld Guest
    I agree with the boresnake+froglube as well. For a thourough scrubdown ill dip a bore brush in froglube, do a couple of passes, let it sit, and throw patches through until they are clean.

Btw watching the bcg get wetter and wetter as you shoot is really interesting. The mint smell gets old kind of fast though.

Feedback Score
    Hell, compared to the stuff i used to use on my pistol the smell of froglube is more than welcome lol.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have not cleaned my barrels, but I always run a patch down the tube followed by a dry one.

Good shit. I use it on all my guns. Paste and lube.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have gone the Frog Lube only route as well, and like others have stated I apply some liquid to a bore snake punch the bore twice or so, or the super rare occasions when I break out a cleaning rod and bore brush I apply some liquid to the bore brush run that through, followed by a few patches

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12