Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frog lube + cleaning barrel

Feedback Score

Frog lube + cleaning barrel

Hey,

I'm using frog lube to lube and clean my ar. As far as cleaning the barrel goes, what would be the proper procedure. Squirt some down when it is hot then run a patch through ?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How about using a proper solvent instead of lube to clean your barrel?

Feedback Score
    There is a sticky thread dedicated to AR cleaning. You should check it out. As posted above; use a solvent to clean your barrel, not lube.

Feedback Score
    ok, thank you

Feedback Score
    FrogLube is a CLP and can be used for both cleaning & lubrication. Here is FrogLube's directions. The influx is strong.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Dub_503 View Post
    FrogLube is a CLP and can be used for both cleaning & lubrication. Here is FrogLube's directions. The influx is strong.
    I have the directions, I guess my question is that where it says to "wipe off extra" would running a patch after use make sense / be the correct procedure ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andy311 View Post
    I have the directions, I guess my question is that where it says to "wipe off extra" would running a patch after use make sense / be the correct procedure ?
    Yes, once the barrel is seasoned and has cooled down, you can run a patch to wipe off the excess.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    Thank you J Dub

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andy311 View Post
    Thank you J Dub
    No Problem. Just keep in mind, everybody and their mom has a different way of cleaning their guns. Most are variations of the same, and some are lacking. It's up to you to find a method that suits you and stick with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    When I used Froglube to clean the barrel, I placed some on a nylon brush and ran it down the bore. I later came back to it and brushed it out some more, ultimatley running patches through it until clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast