Thread: Frog lube + cleaning barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Frog lube + cleaning barrel

Hey,

I'm using frog lube to lube and clean my ar. As far as cleaning the barrel goes, what would be the proper procedure. Squirt some down when it is hot then run a patch through ?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    How about using a proper solvent instead of lube to clean your barrel?

Feedback Score
    There is a sticky thread dedicated to AR cleaning. You should check it out. As posted above; use a solvent to clean your barrel, not lube.

Feedback Score
    ok, thank you

Feedback Score
    FrogLube is a CLP and can be used for both cleaning & lubrication. Here is FrogLube's directions. The influx is strong.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Dub_503 View Post
    FrogLube is a CLP and can be used for both cleaning & lubrication. Here is FrogLube's directions. The influx is strong.
    I have the directions, I guess my question is that where it says to "wipe off extra" would running a patch after use make sense / be the correct procedure ?

wtheesfeld Guest
    I agree with the boresnake+froglube as well. For a thourough scrubdown ill dip a bore brush in froglube, do a couple of passes, let it sit, and throw patches through until they are clean.

Btw watching the bcg get wetter and wetter as you shoot is really interesting. The mint smell gets old kind of fast though.

Feedback Score
    Hell, compared to the stuff i used to use on my pistol the smell of froglube is more than welcome lol.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have not cleaned my barrels, but I always run a patch down the tube followed by a dry one.

Good shit. I use it on all my guns. Paste and lube.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have gone the Frog Lube only route as well, and like others have stated I apply some liquid to a bore snake punch the bore twice or so, or the super rare occasions when I break out a cleaning rod and bore brush I apply some liquid to the bore brush run that through, followed by a few patches