Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I finger effed one of these at the local Dicks the other day and it seemed like a nice rifle. The stock is ugly but it has a very comfortable cheek weld and the whole package was light and felt well balanced. My only question is why not a semi carrier? If it runs smooth and efficiently with it what is to be gained by an auto carrier other than extra weight? Or is an auto carrier just a cool factor? I have used both and haven't really noticed any difference.
    Last edited by Merle; 08-05-12 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    has anyone tried a troy battle mag in it? is it possible troy did this intentionally so you wont use pmags? (tin foil hat theory i know)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine is a 6xx serial number, and it is either a "regular" forged lower or either I'm too stupid to know the difference in forged and billet.
    P-Mags are a bitch to get seated and the Troy mag that came with it is super smooth, as are GI mags.

It has become my favorite rifle though, mainly because of the pistol grip and the rail. I topped mine with an Aimpoint PRO.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    has anyone tried a troy battle mag in it? is it possible troy did this intentionally so you wont use pmags? (tin foil hat theory i know)
    It's not unique to the Troy. There are all kinds of rifles that don't like Pmags. That being said, Troy BattleMag's work great in it and drop perfectly.

I have not noticed any significant amount of wobble or play with the stock/receiver extension. Certainly not as wobbly as a standard collapsible M4 stock! Again, I thought the stock was going to be the worst part but as it turns out, it's one of my favorite parts of the rifle. Very, very functional, durable, and comfortable.

Feedback Score

Got one!

Hi there. This is my first post on the forum.
    I went looking for information about the Troy Carbine after I saw it at Dicks over the weekend and found this thread. Well after reading this thread and other forums I decided that the Troy would be my first AR. I managed to get one of the first 500 with the billet receivers. I'm happy so far and can't wait to get it to the range later.

I wanted to get a good rifle and wanted a mid-length gas system. I was holding out for the new Smith/Magpul middy to ship to my local shop, but the chance to "take one home today" and to get one of the first Troy carbines was appealing. I always liked the idea of a DD, BCM, LMT, or even a Spikes, but couldn't get one or couldn't part with the cash. The Troy seems like a good option

I'm not sure I like the grip, but time will tell. I also wish that the Alpha Rail came with the modular rails that seem to be included if you buy the Alpha separately. I'll need to order them or at minimum a QD sling mount - there is no place for a sling up front. And a 10rd mag?....really?
    Oh well, I'm still proud of her. I hope she shoots as good as I hope.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grey man View Post

I'm not sure I like the grip, but time will tell. I also wish that the Alpha Rail came with the modular rails that seem to be included if you buy the Alpha separately. I'll need to order them or at minimum a QD sling mount - there is no place for a sling up front. And a 10rd mag?....really?
    If you end up not liking the grip, I'll buy it from you or trade you a Magpul or something... I love the Troy grip.

Also, you can disassemble that 10 round mag, pull the spare followers they put in it, put a 30 round spring in it and you're good to go with a 30 round mag.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarbell View Post
    I didn't know they made complete rifles, but I do know they make uppers. Their uppers used to have LWRCi Hammer Forged NiCorr lined barrels...not sure if they still use those.
    That's scary if it's true. If they're willing to do business with LWRCi, I'd wonder about their integrity and brain cell activity.

I'd pass on this gun just because the lower isn't a real forging. But I'm nuts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Troy sells a complete diy kit minus the lower. I even think it comes with a case so you can field strip and break down all the components into a hard "brief" case.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's scary if it's true. If they're willing to do business with LWRCi, I'd wonder about their integrity and brain cell activity.

I'd pass on this gun just because the lower isn't a real forging. But I'm nuts.
    I was thinking of gettin one of these, what is the story with LWRCi?

Feedback Score
    Got out to the range today and ran 120 rounds through it. No malfunctions at all with either the 10rd Troy mag or the Brownell's mags I used. I shot Federal xm193 and Federal .223 55gr FMJ.
    Once I gave the rear sight a few clicks, I was hitting a Dirty Bird target 10 out of 10 at 100yds. I need to get a decent optic on my rifle to see just what it can do. My eyes aren't great and I can't expect any better with the irons.

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast