Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From their website: http://www.troydefense.com/firearmsa...-5-56-carbine/

Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine Specifications:
    -Mil-Spec forged flat top upper receiver with integrated M4 feed ramps (FDE Rifles are Ceracoated & Hard Coat Anodized)
    -Mil-Spec forged lower receiver with Troy Industries Enhanced Trigger Guard (FDE Rifles are Ceracoated & Hard Coat Anodized)
    -Chrome Moly Vanadium Melonite coated 1/7 RH twist barrel, chambered in 5.56 with M4 feed ramps
    -Troy Industries free float modular 13″ Alpha Rail system with integrated spring loaded front M4 Battlesight
    -Mp tested mil-spec bolt and carrier with upgraded extractor and properly staked gas key
    -Troy Industries Battle Ax 6 postion (Pinned for compliant models) buttstock with Mil-Spec receiver extension
    -Troy Industries Medieval Flash Suppressor/or pinned Claymore Muzzle Brake
    -Troy Industries Rear Folding Battlesight
    -Troy Industries Enhanced CQB Pistol Grip
    -Troy Industries 10 round Battlemag

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I saw this at Dicks as well. I guess they got a good deal on them.
    Im glad to see quality ARs being sold in stores!

Feedback Score
    It looks like these are being offered exclusively through Dick's Sporting Goods for now. That seems like a really really weird thing. It's not like Dick's is a known tactical/leo store. It will be interesting to see if these guns are going to be offered on a larger scale and how the quality of these guns turns out to be.

Feedback Score
    The Dick's in my area has the Troy AR as well and also a whole lot of Battlemags, Troy rail covers, Troy slings and random odds and ends. They also had a few Blackhawk slings and such. I agree, it is very strange to see Dick's heading in this direction, but it could be a good thing....I hope.

Feedback Score
    I was in a Dicks a couple of weeks ago and saw a boat load of Troy stuff. Mags and stocks mostly, I did not peruse the gun rack as that was not what I was there for.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Saw this at my PGA a few months ago. They had 2, 1 in blk 1 in fde. They came broken down in a hard case with a sling and 3 or 6 battlemags. Price was 1600 or so.

For 1029, I'd be all over that, or raising funds to be all over that

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarrier View Post
    too me ( and this is just my opinion) the rifle its self doesnt seem to be much more of a " quality" piece then a dpms or a bushy

the bcg and charging handle were just the normal cheaper looking and feeling stuff youd find in any off the shelf ar15
    How does a charging handle and BCG feel 'cheap'?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    wonder if the Dick's in NJ will have them lol. Other than the stock it should be okay here. Might have to check it out for S&G

Wonder if they will sell the limited capacity mags on their own as well.
    Last edited by Alex V; 07-05-12 at 07:09.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Well from the specs it looks like its a little better than most of your run of the mill ar's out there, and its pretty loaded with accessories for the price point. It think they will sell many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I was in a Dicks a couple of weeks ago and saw a boat load of Troy stuff. Mags and stocks mostly, I did not peruse the gun rack as that was not what I was there for.
    Same here, the prices were a little high but it was nice seeing them carry some ar stuff.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 07-05-12 at 12:22.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is Troy doing their own barrels for these? If they aren't where are they getting them?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast