Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Haha, no I was speaking to the quantity and availablilty. Rubbing it in a bit. Sorry.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score

new gun, new horse logo

I really had no need for a new gun...a buddy chatted me into rolling into the fray that is Black Friday. I am usually part of the solution and not part of the problem, but went out for the midnight mission anyway. I have been pretty happy with Colt products. Anyway. My DSG experience was similar to others. Had to wait until the AM to get the NCIC check done. Not allowed to use the 10%, so I told them I didn't need a new cc. They offered a soft side zippered gun case if I would sign up for cc, nope. Then they offered 3 Troy mags if I got a new cc, nope. Gimme 10% off the gun, nope. I signed all of the safety agreements, etc. and left with my new horse gun. Can't wait to try and break it by causing multiple explosions inside it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why are people buying these?

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaw77 View Post
    so the one on the bottom is a billet model?
    How did you come to can conclusion?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre07 View Post
    I really had no need for a new gun...a buddy chatted me into rolling into the fray that is Black Friday. I am usually part of the solution and not part of the problem, but went out for the midnight mission anyway. I have been pretty happy with Colt products. Anyway. My DSG experience was similar to others. Had to wait until the AM to get the NCIC check done. Not allowed to use the 10%, so I told them I didn't need a new cc. They offered a soft side zippered gun case if I would sign up for cc, nope. Then they offered 3 Troy mags if I got a new cc, nope. Gimme 10% off the gun, nope. I signed all of the safety agreements, etc. and left with my new horse gun. Can't wait to try and break it by causing multiple explosions inside it.
    Did they tell you why they wouldn't give you the 10%? I wasn't able to pick one up, they wouldn't let me order and I was working when corporate told us we couldn't order any more of them. I hate black Friday. The savings is not worth the hassle of the lines, people, and BS.

On a lighter note, an old fart in a Vietnam Vet cap was telling me how soldiers on ECP's use the 50 cal. version M16s because the "that little .223 ain't got near enough stopping power to put an engine outta commish, the Army brass wanted that old school stoppin power" He finished with a grin and wink, then spent ten minutes trying to tell a customer I was helping about how he needed to pick up that "big 50" instead of the "little .223".

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    I think he may be referring to the fact the LoA is shown in the bottom one. However, neither are billet. The bag is just flipped on the other one. They both have the LoA saying its a limited run. They are not 1 of 500 though.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=theblackknight;1449639]Why are people buying these?

Umm,why not? They seem like a good quality rifle put together by a company with a solid reputation.Some of these guys bought them on sale for 700-800 dollars which is an outstanding deal.Even at the normal 1,100 dollar price tag its still hard to beat considering the amount of extras that are on it.

Shouldn't the question be why not buy one?

Feedback Score
    Egg crate for me as we'll. sn 10xx

Feedback Score

Not quite sure what deal I got...

...at 0900hrs, Wednesday, 21NOV, but the rifle I ordered was $703.06 out the door. I opened a CC and ScoreCard account when I made the purchase.

I am a little disheartened about the PMag issue, but as many have said, they may work over time.
    Last edited by bklyn_irish; 11-24-12 at 03:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    the Troy certificate in the box seemed to be identical to mine

Ahh Chris answered before I read it
    Last edited by Kaw77; 11-24-12 at 06:41. Reason: Chris answered

Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast