Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score

Troy Industries complete rifle

I was in Dick's sporting goods today and came across something very interesting... I usually do not see any firearms remotely of interest while in the hunting department, but this one caught my eye. It appeared to be a troy industries lower, (???) on an unknown upper, (I'm guessing also troy) with a TRX rail, medieval brake, battle ax stock, and a battlemag. I took the rifle down and everything looks great.. properly staked gas key, m4 feed ramps, and a properly stake castle nut. I was short on time so I didn't get any pictures.

I am interested in this rifle, but have not seen or heard anything about them yet. It didn't even have a price on it.. the associate said he had just put in on the shelf 5 minutes beforehand.

Anyone seen them yet?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Probably gone by morning.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was it possibly the M7A1? I remember seeing the upper kit in their catalogue I got a year or two ago. It's interesting, that they aren't mentioned anywhere here on M4C. To my knowledge at least.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know they made complete rifles, but I do know they make uppers. Their uppers used to have LWRCi Hammer Forged NiCorr lined barrels...not sure if they still use those.

Feedback Score
    I knew they made uppers, but was not aware of complete rifles. I'd imagine it's all top end -- Troy is usually the bees-knees I've been wanting to give their upper a try but there is not a lot of information on it so it'd be practically a mystery purchase. I wonder if it was the TRX or the newer TRX Alpha on it. I'd love to see pics!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd jump on that while you have the chance, I've NEVER seen a complete Troy gun before.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    I just saw that rifle in a Dick's yesterday as well. I was on a mission looking for a different type of firearm, so I didn't ask to see the Troy rifle. I did notice it had a sticker price of $1029 (iirc). If it is on par with Colt, etc as some here seem to suggest it may be, that is a good price from a big box retailer.

I'm not in the market for another M4, so it is better that I keep my hands off of items like that to avoid the temptation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    after reading this thread, i ran down to dicks to check this rifle out.

they let me half way take it apart to inspect it.

too me ( and this is just my opinion) the rifle its self doesnt seem to be much more of a " quality" piece then a dpms or a bushy

the bcg and charging handle were just the normal cheaper looking and feeling stuff youd find in any off the shelf ar15

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarrier View Post
    too me ( and this is just my opinion) the rifle its self doesnt seem to be much more of a " quality" piece then a dpms or a bushy

the bcg and charging handle were just the normal cheaper looking and feeling stuff youd find in any off the shelf ar15
    That doesn't sound like what I would expect from Troy. What about these specific parts felt and looked cheap? Was the carrier key properly staked? Were there any sort of proof marks?
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the only marking i saw on the upper was a square (bafe)

the charging handle felt flimsy.

too me the carrier key look properly staked.

the bgc just looked like a generic piece. no markings or anything special looking too me.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast