Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Troy Industries complete rifle

I was in Dick's sporting goods today and came across something very interesting... I usually do not see any firearms remotely of interest while in the hunting department, but this one caught my eye. It appeared to be a troy industries lower, (???) on an unknown upper, (I'm guessing also troy) with a TRX rail, medieval brake, battle ax stock, and a battlemag. I took the rifle down and everything looks great.. properly staked gas key, m4 feed ramps, and a properly stake castle nut. I was short on time so I didn't get any pictures.

I am interested in this rifle, but have not seen or heard anything about them yet. It didn't even have a price on it.. the associate said he had just put in on the shelf 5 minutes beforehand.

Anyone seen them yet?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Probably gone by morning.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Was it possibly the M7A1? I remember seeing the upper kit in their catalogue I got a year or two ago. It's interesting, that they aren't mentioned anywhere here on M4C. To my knowledge at least.

Feedback Score
    I didn't know they made complete rifles, but I do know they make uppers. Their uppers used to have LWRCi Hammer Forged NiCorr lined barrels...not sure if they still use those.

Feedback Score
    I knew they made uppers, but was not aware of complete rifles. I'd imagine it's all top end -- Troy is usually the bees-knees I've been wanting to give their upper a try but there is not a lot of information on it so it'd be practically a mystery purchase. I wonder if it was the TRX or the newer TRX Alpha on it. I'd love to see pics!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd jump on that while you have the chance, I've NEVER seen a complete Troy gun before.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarbell View Post
    I didn't know they made complete rifles, but I do know they make uppers. Their uppers used to have LWRCi Hammer Forged NiCorr lined barrels...not sure if they still use those.
    That's scary if it's true. If they're willing to do business with LWRCi, I'd wonder about their integrity and brain cell activity.

I'd pass on this gun just because the lower isn't a real forging. But I'm nuts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's scary if it's true. If they're willing to do business with LWRCi, I'd wonder about their integrity and brain cell activity.

I was thinking of gettin one of these, what is the story with LWRCi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

I'm with you on the forging thing. But LWRCi does make good barrels.

However... from what I understand they're ported for piston guns.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    I saw this at my local Dicks today and it was ok, solidly built and so on, my Dicks had it for $1099.00. Also I'm saying this "anonymously" but you should read the fine print on the credit card, you got hustled...no offense.
    Hopefully not to bad (though I definitely didn't read the print...) tomorrow the account will have a $0 balance. The nice young lady said I only had to "use" the card, so I "used it" after I handed her a decent wad of cash.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast