Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    I called Troy yesterday to inquire about a couple of things and I also asked who manufactured the barrels for their 5.56 carbine. I spoke with Stephen Troy. His answer was "us", stating that Troy makes the barrels.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre'sWrath View Post
    We had a used (and I use the term lightly) Troy carbine come through our store the other day and it sold for 799.00. The guy who picked it up was surprised to see we had one and with a manager's supervision.......was able to take it apart and was happy with what he saw in the BCG and such. A steal if you ask me.
    I would snatch one up at that price. Wow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    I would snatch one up at that price. Wow.
    I was sad when I saw the hold tag on the gun, as I was looking for the perfect thing to put on layaway. Oh well, I am still keeping my eyes open.

Feedback Score
    Well, I certainly didn't run this rifle through a carbine class - didn't drag it through the mud or run drills. What I did however see was literally hundreds of people shoot this rifle all day - from just after sun-up, to just a hair before sundown (600 shooters came across our line today and scores of them flocked to the Troy, as we are raffling one off. The rifle didn't miss a beat. It has a great feel to it and the things I didn't think I'd like, I was wrong about: The stock and the brake. The one in the pic I posted was a Medieval - the one on the DSG rifle is a Claymore. I found it far less unpleasant to be around than a laundry list of others, (i.e: Minnie-Y) and shot with it on the DSG 5.56, along with a 10.5 and 7" M7A1. It seems to throw the sound forward and all but eliminates the giant fireball that we behind the iron curtain must endure with a nekkid end of the barrel. I was also surprised how much I liked the BatleAxe stock. For me, it offered excellent cheek weld and just felt right when I was shooting it. Some dislike the looks of it - I could care less. It worked for me and that's all that mattered. I'm also not a 'rail guy'. I have a MOE on my LMT and am just fine with it....But I want that Alpha rail... dammit...They have a new DI that fits over a standard front sight post...dammit again...

I'm really happy to see this rifle out on the marketplace. The sheer numbers of manufacturers, specs, prices, accessories and options is daunting. Troy seems to have 'demystified' the process a bit - especially for new shooters, but I think even those with more experience may find something they like in this rifle...

Feedback Score
    First post i know....but I just bought this rifle today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow I will post some pictures as soon as I can. I was really impressed with how much high end accessories come with it. Well over $500 worth.

Feedback Score
    Pics and a review would be awesome.

Feedback Score
    Im trying to but all of the pictures are too big. any suggestions? limit is 97kb and all my photos are like 3megs.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFalcon81 View Post
    Im trying to but all of the pictures are too big. any suggestions? limit is 97kb and all my photos are like 3megs.
    Photobucket

Feedback Score
    im pretty impressed by this thing all of the accessories are catalog items not similar cheaper parts that are just for completes only. i havent fired it yet, but Im gonna this weekend. my only gripe is that they dont include the rails for the alpha rail. They also give you "sweet" battle mag thats pinned or fixed at 10rnds.
    Last edited by BlueFalcon81; 10-03-12 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Castle nut not staked?

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast