Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    The thread's about TROY rifles. markm, most of the other threads where you go off the edge of the map are, similarly, having nothing to do with LWRC other than somebody else's casual mention of them.
    Rayjay brought the shit back up... I was just bored wondering why this thread hadn't died and stumbled upon his quote on deep on page 6. The war in NAM was still going on when I originally made my post.

But I hear you, Daddio. Now on to our regularly scheduled programming.
    Last edited by markm; 10-04-12 at 12:55.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFalcon81 View Post
    staked just once on right side
    Cool, thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Has anyone had any problems with their Troy complete rifle yet?

I was at Dick's sporting goods up in Traverse City, MI and thought I would check one out. Well, the detent spring for the upper pins were sticking out of the receiver end plate and the plate was bent out. I told the kid at the counter he may want to fix that but he didn't seem to care.

Pics

I couldn't get a real clear picture as my phone was messing up but you can see the large gap and the spring sticking out...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadil1ac View Post
    Mine has been completely trouble free through a handful of brief range days and through large portions of two carbine classes.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Friend of the family just bought one as well, not even knowing the mfg was of any quality. 1000 rounds and no hiccups yet with his.

His cheap red dot...different story
    Daniel Defense V4
    Benelli Super Vinci
    Tikka T3 SS Lam .270wsm
    Vortex Dealer

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadil1ac View Post

I was at Dick's sporting goods up in Traverse City, MI and thought I would check one out. Well, the detent spring for the upper pins were sticking out of the receiver end plate and the plate was bent out. I told the kid at the counter he may want to fix that but he didn't seem to care.

Pics

I couldn't get a real clear picture as my phone was messing up but you can see the large gap and the spring sticking out...
    Maybe Troy is using "The Lighthouse For The Blind" for their quality control department?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    Maybe Troy is using "The Lighthouse For The Blind" for their quality control department?
    Come on, we were bound to see one at some point (other than the two with wobbly front sights that I saw) that had a defect of that nature.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    If that did leave the factory, it's kind of a big deal. Are you sure it wasn't messed with somehow at the store?

I would be more worried if we see more of the same or other major problems. Sample of one doesn't equal brand failure though...

Feedback Score
    I took mine to the range yesterday. Shot like a champ. Only one stoppage, but I was using their crap 55gr pmc ammo.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    If that did leave the factory, it's kind of a big deal. Are you sure it wasn't messed with somehow at the store?

I would be more worried if we see more of the same or other major problems. Sample of one doesn't equal brand failure though...
    I don't see how it could have been messed with after leaving the factory. You would have had to unscrew the castle nut and screw it back on when it was on the shelf. Kind of hard to do IMO.

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast