Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaw77 View Post
    I wrote CS yesterday regarding the availability of the FDE Troy at Dick's:

Dick’s Sporting Good stores should have them in about 2-3 weeks. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you

Allyson Ranelli
    Troy Industries, Inc
    This is good news. Ill keep my eyes peeled. If anyone spots one please let us know!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Uh what? That doesn't sound so sweet to me man. What type of "stoppage" are we talking about here????
    crap ammo and some super old(15yrs old tops) mags i acquired from my unit before i got out. not the weapons fault it was the beat up mag with old black follower fault.

Feedback Score
    I handled one at the store and noticed that there was play in the front sight, both front-back and side-to-side play. Someone else also commented on this.

I'm not experienced with fip up sights, but this seems like a problem to me. Is this a big deal or not? Is this common or not with this rifle?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb4242 View Post
    I handled one at the store and noticed that there was play in the front sight, both front-back and side-to-side play. Someone else also commented on this.

I'm not experienced with fip up sights, but this seems like a problem to me. Is this a big deal or not? Is this common or not with this rifle?

This is pretty common for front sights built into a rail, it seems. There is some play with the front sight, however it has not had a negative impact on accuracy or durability so far. You can also tighten it with an allen wrench if it were to loosen up too much.

Also, the mag-well has loosened up after shooting the rifle a bit more. All magazines drop free when you hit the mag-release, with the exception of Pmags. They run just fine in the weapon, however they still don't drop completely out of the mag-well when you hit the mag release button. So far, the Pmags are the only magazines that we experienced this with. I'm interested in seeing if the new generation of Pmags will be any different.

EDIT: Also for those wondering, the BCG is in fact full auto. I have seen some others claiming it's a SA BCG, but they are misinformed. Definitely a full auto BCG, and the carrier, bolt, gas key, etc seems to be of good quality although it's unmarked. Troy has indicated that they are MPI/HPT tested though, and I'd take their word for it.
    Last edited by djmorris; 10-28-12 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb4242 View Post

I was at the local store and decided to check and see if this was evident in the 1 display model they had - it was not - but at the same time I was disappointed in a manner - I cannot put a tangible reason so much - it was OBVIOUSLY finger F'd a number of times and the overall appearence was difficult to determine how it might appear without the numerous minor scratches etc. It was light, and 'smallish' feeling in my hands as well I am now uindecided in this puirchase I will probably need to wait until FDE is available to make an educated purchase decision

Feedback Score
    I noticed the display at dicks had a ton of scratches too. Apparently the workers there put all the guns in a shopping cart on their way back to the lockup every night and the guns pickup a lot of scratches that way. They had one in a box unopened that I purchased which was in tip top shape. As to the lightweight 'feel' of the gun, this was the exact reason I purchased mine. I wanted something lightweight that was easy to carry, which this rifle is IMHO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlo250 View Post
    I noticed the display at dicks had a ton of scratches too. Apparently the workers there put all the guns in a shopping cart on their way back to the lockup every night and the guns pickup a lot of scratches that way. They had one in a box unopened that I purchased which was in tip top shape. As to the lightweight 'feel' of the gun, this was the exact reason I purchased mine. I wanted something lightweight that was easy to carry, which this rifle is IMHO.

Yup. It'd be nice if Troy offered this weapon online instead of having to purchase from Dick's. The name speaks for itself, IMO...

Easily controllable and lightweight - very handy

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    My front sight is also loose but I don't think it presents a problem. When you tweak it it always springs back hard to the left. If it gets worse I will install a couple of plastic shim washers like you see on high dollar folding knives. BTW.. This is my first post... looking forward to being here. GH

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlo250 View Post
    Dicks had them on sale for 999. I paid 1099. They didn't want to do a price adjustment. Be advised.
    After I saw your post I went down to see if they had it on sale (bought @ $1099 too), they did and they did a price adjustment for me, saved another $96. Manager said you have 30 days on any item if it goes on sale, it's their store policy...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As for the front site, mine is not loose at all. Did notice that if are going to mount any accessories on the bottom of the Alpha rail, you will have to get the Troy rail sections...

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast