has anybody noticed that these rifles are the same as these

http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_TRX_Rifle_p/rftrx-16.htm

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopro619 View Post
    has anybody noticed that these rifles are the same as these

http://www.del-ton.com/DTI_TRX_Rifle_p/rftrx-16.htm

Not the same by any stretch.

1. I trust something Troy puts their name on. Del-Ton I do not.
    2. Completely different barrel and the Del-Ton is a 1/9 twist. The Troy is a much better barrel and 1/7 twist.
    3.The Troy Carbine using a full auto BCG
    4. It's wearing a regular TRX rail, while the Troy Carbine is on the Alpha Rail.
    5. The Troy Carbine is on a Troy rollmarked lower.
    6. The Troy Carbine comes with the second generation Battle axe stock.
    7. The flash hider is different
    8. The grip is also different
    9. The Troy carbine is also on a billet lower receiver (limited run?)
    10. It's a completely different weapon. The Del-Ton is just wearing Troy accessories, while the Troy Carbine is just what the name implies.

Feedback Score
    Anybody see a FDE model yet? This thread needs more pics.

Feedback Score
    More pics you say.

I swapped out the cqb pistol grip that it came with for a Moe grip. Huge difference. The cqb grip is smaller and has a way steeper angle.

The stock is next to go. It sholders great but its heeaavy and kind of an eyesore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post

1. I trust something Troy puts their name on. Del-Ton I do not.
    2. Completely different barrel and the Del-Ton is a 1/9 twist. The Troy is a much better barrel and 1/7 twist.
    3.The Troy Carbine using a full auto BCG
    4. It's wearing a regular TRX rail, while the Troy Carbine is on the Alpha Rail.
    5. The Troy Carbine is on a Troy rollmarked lower.
    6. The Troy Carbine comes with the second generation Battle axe stock.
    7. The flash hider is different
    8. The grip is also different
    9. The Troy carbine is also on a billet lower receiver (limited run?)
    10. It's a completely different weapon. The Del-Ton is just wearing Troy accessories, while the Troy Carbine is just what the name implies.
    Thank you - you saved me some typing...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFalcon81 View Post

I swapped out the cqb pistol grip that it came with for a Moe grip. Huge difference. The cqb grip is smaller and has a way steeper angle.
    Do you still have the Troy grip, and would you like to sell it?
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Just picked up the Troy 5.56 at Dick's on friday. My Colt 6920 MPG is happy to have a friend.

The build quality of the Troy looks to hold up with Colt. Everything is properly staked and the buttstock is actually quite nice once you start using it. The stock trigger on the Troy feels smoother and lighter than the Colt does. Also the angle on the Troy grip is perfect for really tucking in on your stance and the flip up sight gives me a groove to use a solid C clamp on the gun when I'm "driving" the rifle.

Pmags do not want to drop but I bought a bunch of Battlemags that drop perfectly and feel solidly built. Not a big loss.

If anybody has any other questions feel free to ask or if you want specific pictures let me know.

Untitled by wfonda91, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre'sWrath View Post
    The Dick's in my area has the Troy AR as well and also a whole lot of Battlemags, Troy rail covers, Troy slings and random odds and ends. They also had a few Blackhawk slings and such. I agree, it is very strange to see Dick's heading in this direction, but it could be a good thing....I hope.
    My dicks has the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace91 View Post
    Just picked up the Troy 5.56 at Dick's on friday. My Colt 6920 MPG is happy to have a friend.

The build quality of the Troy looks to hold up with Colt. Everything is properly staked and the buttstock is actually quite nice once you start using it. The stock trigger on the Troy feels smoother and lighter than the Colt does. Also the angle on the Troy grip is perfect for really tucking in on your stance and the flip up sight gives me a groove to use a solid C clamp on the gun when I'm "driving" the rifle.

Pmags do not want to drop but I bought a bunch of Battlemags that drop perfectly and feel solidly built. Not a big loss.

If anybody has any other questions feel free to ask or if you want specific pictures let me know.

Untitled by wfonda91, on Flickr
    Have you taken the Troy to the range yet, and if so how do you compare shooting it to the Colt? Considering the Troy is a mid versus the carbine Colt, do you feel a noticeable difference?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post

1. I trust something Troy puts their name on.
    That's crazy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast