31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's crazy.
    Why??

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That's crazy.

I have never seen you say something positive about anything, really. Troy makes excellent products, some of the best. I did not realize this was something up for debate. Sure, they are not quite up to Knights Armament standard, perhaps, but then again.. who is? Also, Troy products are priced fairly, rather than gouging you on a $150 barrel nut wrench.

Feedback Score
    That's crazy.
    Im gonna go out on a limb and say thartat least 75% of the users (if not more) on this forum own something that Troy makes. Guess we better send out a broadcast that their rifle is gonna spontaneously fall apart.

.......troll much

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    Anything Troy makes is going to be a great product...
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    I looked at a Troy in black at my local Dick's here in Charleston. Rifle looked great and was impressed with the whole set-up, kinda of like the stock.

I noticed the grip was loose, seems the grip screw had to be tightened down, just needed a little lock-tite.

Brought it up to the 18 year old snot nosed smart ass behind the counter and was told it was no big deal because it was a display rifle, explained the out come when the grip falls off.

His reply was more stupid shit so I said my thank you and headed out the door.

If I was not picking up a 6920 this week I would grab one of these in a heart beat.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    That's crazy.
    Pretty sure he's suggesting that you don't blindly put your faith in anything simply due to who's name is on it.
    It's good advice regardless if you want to hear it or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochman View Post
    Have you taken the Troy to the range yet, and if so how do you compare shooting it to the Colt? Considering the Troy is a mid versus the carbine Colt, do you feel a noticeable difference?
    I took it out and shot it today. Recoil is less and the rifle shoots very smooth. Like I mentioned earlier the trigger is fantastic, crisp action and smooth pull. Pmags have trouble dropping. The Battlemags work perfectly and standard issue mags work as well, small price to pay I guess.

In all honesty after using the Troy I enjoy the Troy stock more than the Magpul ACS. The quality of the rifle beyond the Pmags not dropping is superb. From someone who owns a limited edition 6920 I believe the Troy to be a very well built rifle. I have never had one stoppage with the 6920, and I reload my own .223 and 5.56; ammo is never a question of quality and reliability. I did not have one stoppage today out of 500 rounds with the Troy. Both rifles are amazing but for the price you get a lot more rifle for your money with the Troy.

Feel free to ask any other questions or if you want any detailed pictures just let me know.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Pretty sure he's suggesting that you don't blindly put your faith in anything simply due to who's name is on it.
    It's good advice regardless if you want to hear it or not.
    Then he should come out and say it instead of throwing out his usual one liners. It might be good advice if that is what was actually said but it wasn't.

Given Troy's manufacturing history, they have a pretty reliable name. Whether that translates over to firearms remains to be seen. They seem to be off to a good start.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace91 View Post

Feel free to ask any other questions or if you want any detailed pictures just let me know.
    Do you know if standard unmarked preban mags will have any issues dropping? I don't think they run as thick as the Pmags but I'm not 100% sure.

*Edit. Sorry I just noticed you said standard issue mags work. Next time I need to read a little better.
    Last edited by Kochman; 11-05-12 at 20:53. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    I guess my only problem will be deciding what I should replace the buttstock with.

I heard it is heavy. Do you think I could use it to knock down a door, or maybe even knock somebody out? I might just keep it on after all.

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast