Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still enjoy the stock very much. It's hideous to look at, but that's not nearly enough to make me change it.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochman View Post
    I guess my only problem will be deciding what I should replace the buttstock with.

I heard it is heavy. Do you think I could use it to knock down a door, or maybe even knock somebody out? I might just keep it on after all.
    I thought the same thing - until I spent the day shooting with one. From an M7A1 to a 10.5" and the standard Troy Defense rifle, I was very impressed with the BattleAxe stock - the lockup was great and the cheek weld was superb for me. I understand the earlier versions had some growing pains, but the fit, finish and feel of this stock did not show it. I'm less concerned with how something looks and more so with how it functions. Functionally, the stock is great and it doesn't to me look bad at all, but again - I'm more of a function over form guy...YMMV

Feedback Score
    Mine is not that heavy at all. This is the lightweight version of the axe stock it has a rubber butt plate instead of the steel one the government requested. It is hollowed out inside and is much lighter than my Magpul ACS which is much longer and much heavier. I might even pull out a scale to see how much lighter.

If my scale is accurate the 6920 with rifle length YHM diamond handguard (8.4lbs) is close to the same weight as the Troy 5.56 (8lbs).

Feedback Score
    Maybe the look will grow on me when I get it, I do like that it is functional, and also light. I heard a few people complaining that it is very heavy but I'm not sure where they are getting that idea from.

Now if only FDE models started showing up.... I need to see one in person before I decide.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMark View Post
    I thought the same thing - until I spent the day shooting with one. From an M7A1 to a 10.5" and the standard Troy Defense rifle, I was very impressed with the BattleAxe stock - the lockup was great and the cheek weld was superb for me. I understand the earlier versions had some growing pains, but the fit, finish and feel of this stock did not show it. I'm less concerned with how something looks and more so with how it functions. Functionally, the stock is great and it doesn't to me look bad at all, but again - I'm more of a function over form guy...YMMV

The first generation of the BattleAxe stocks were about 1 lb. The newer ones, which are on the Troy Carbine weigh around 10oz.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Convinced a friend to get this instead of an m&p 15 sport. The m&p was 750 at the lgs. They tried selling him on a windham weaponry for around 1000. He got the troy for 977 out the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk

Feedback Score
    $750 for a Sport? That's easy $100 more than the Sport should sell for. And my local Wally World has a Windham for $800. No wonder you talked him into the Troy. At those prices it's competitive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    $750 for a Sport? That's easy $100 more than the Sport should sell for. And my local Wally World has a Windham for $800. No wonder you talked him into the Troy. At those prices it's competitive.
    It's NY. that gun store is one of the better ones price wise too. Just the way it is here. Pay more, get less in every scenerio.

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I looked at a Troy in black at my local Dick's here in Charleston. Rifle looked great and was impressed with the whole set-up, kinda of like the stock.

I noticed the grip was loose, seems the grip screw had to be tightened down, just needed a little lock-tite.

Brought it up to the 18 year old snot nosed smart ass behind the counter and was told it was no big deal because it was a display rifle, explained the out come when the grip falls off.

His reply was more stupid shit so I said my thank you and headed out the door.

If I was not picking up a 6920 this week I would grab one of these in a heart beat.
    I had to stop by my local Dick's today. Since I already have a couple Colt's, a BCM, a DD, and some budget PSA rifles, I decided to give the Troy a try. The kid at the counter tried to get me to buy a S&W, but his boss, who came out to process the sale, gave me a big thumbs up. He said when someone comes in for a Bushy or other lesser rifle, he always tells them to check out the Troy before they buy.

The rollmark

Proper staking

Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadil1ac View Post
    Just realized I said that this was in Traverse City, MI. It was not, it was Grand Rapids, MI at the Rivertown Mall. If anyone ever gets a chance, see if it is fixed. Or it could be that they sold that one and got another one in. I doubt they will do anything about it anyway.
    I was just there and saw one on the rack. Didn't look at it that close though. I'll try and go back to check it out. My BIL is looking for an AR and they have them on sale until tomorrow.

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast