Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Can anyone credibly state info about the sourcing and testing of their bcgs?

The one I looked at had no markings on it besides SD1 on the left side of the carrier.

-Jax

Could that be "SDI" and not "SD1"? Sabre Defense?
    Mike K.
    ROG Tactical

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ah...could be Mike K.

I just took this pic oogling over my buddies rifle real quick. I'll get a closer look at it this weekend.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 11-14-12 at 19:46.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My carrier is semi-auto and is unmarked.

I assume Troy is buying carriers from whomever can sell them carriers at this point.
    Tokarev,

Know anybody else that got their rifle with a semi bcg?

-Jax
    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoc257 View Post
    Mine is a semi auto.
    Gotcha,

Tokarev and snakedoc I am assuming you guys both bought the complete rifle and not just the upper?

-Jax

I do not know how Troy is configuring their current uppers, but the BCGs in the uppers I have, from last year, are semi-auto. The Dick's pricing is puzzling...you can get a complete Troy for less than a Troy upper. Who in their right mind would buy a Troy upper in this scenario...lol?
    Mike K.
    ROG Tactical

Feedback Score

I may help

I'm working the gun counter at dick's part time until I head down to Ft. Benning. We had two in stock yesterday while I was working, not sure now, they have been selling well since the election. I took it down as well and everything checks out, it is a semi-auto BC. Everything else looks squared away. The manager told me it was an exclusive dick's deal when he was showing me around. I haven't looked much into it. I can call troy and see if the FDE is slated for us.

As an aside, I haven't posted here in several months, and this site honestly made me better at selling firearms. I can educate people on what they might really be looking for, and I often refer them to this site when they say they want to do research on AR's. So thanks to everyone for the info on this site.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    A guy at a gun counter that may have a clue?

I thought my feet were getting a little chilly. Hell must be freezing over!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score

My Troy

Yes, I bought the hole gun. I did find it was cheaper to buy the whole gun than the upper. As far as I know Dick's is the only place that is selling them at this time. I wasn't as excited about them when they were $1099, but this last Saturday all the firearms were 10% off and you got an additional 10% off if you put it on their credit card plus a $90 gift card to be used in the store. With that said their credit card is not a good deal and the interest rate should be illegal. I did it just to get the price and sent them a check.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakedoc257 View Post
    Yes, I bought the hole gun. I did find it was cheaper to buy the whole gun than the upper. As far as I know Dick's is the only place that is selling them at this time. I wasn't as excited about them when they were $1099, but this last Saturday all the firearms were 10% off and you got an additional 10% off if you put it on their credit card plus a $90 gift card to be used in the store. With that said their credit card is not a good deal and the interest rate should be illegal. I did it just to get the price and sent them a check.
    Our Dick's will not apply the card discount for gun or ammo purchases. Maybe its a state thing. GH

Feedback Score

New Troy

Picked one up yesterday. My 1st AR.
    This rifle is tight and clean cut. very nice quality. Love it so far. Cant wait to try it out in the range.
    I live in NY so things I hate:

-Pinned stock, and it is pinned at the longest length. not comfortable. wish they pinned at at 2nd position at least LOL.
    -10 rd magazine
    -Rear sight is not spring loaded? WTF
    -No sling attachment included! i have to shell out another $39 if I want to mount sling to Alpha rail, or a QD sling attachment ($19) if I want to attach to the stock
    -No case included

I paid $1000 w/tax for the rifle and 100 rds of remington 223 ammo.

Anyone live is the westchester area? where do yuo go to shoot an AR?
    Last edited by EZar15; 11-15-12 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    A guy at a gun counter that may have a clue?

I thought my feet were getting a little chilly. Hell must be freezing over!

-Jax

I know! I feel a little dumber every time I step behind that damn thing.

Really, I don't sell guns because I like fleecing people. I had the choice between selling shoes part time or guns. Thankfully this is only temporary while I wait for my seat in IBOLC.

Now as far as the rifle goes, Dick's has a sale on it for $100 off the regular price. Anyone with a Military discount can get it with a %10 percent discount. So that takes the price down to 899. That is at the store I am at in Colorado Springs. Just trying to help anyone that might be interested in it.
    Last edited by txn; 11-15-12 at 13:12. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by txn View Post

Now as far as the rifle goes, Dick's has a sale on it for $100 off the regular price. Anyone with a Military discount can get it with a %10 percent discount. So that takes the price down to 899. That is at the store I am at in Colorado Springs. Just trying to help anyone that might be interested in it.
    Would you be willing to call Troy up and get some down low employee details regarding when FDE models will be available. I know a few people in this thread are interested, and I am waiting for it before I buy.

Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast